Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Holy Cross (Covington) 57 - Barbourville 47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Frankfort. This score does not indicate how close this game was. Barbourville played their hearts out till the end. Holy Cross just had a 6'8 guy that could not be stopped! Hildebrand had 27pts to lead Barbourville and played outstanding!
1/26/2012
Covington Holy Cross 57
Barbourville 47
Barbourville 5 16 7 19 47
Covington Holy Cross 7 16 13 21 57
All 'A' Classic at Frankfort
Barbourville (18-3) -- Broughton 8, HIldebrand 27, Rudd 2, Da.Mills 3, De.Mills 4, Tye 3.
Covington Holy Cross (18-2) -- Gabbard 3, Thompson 3, Burger 23, Campbell 18, C.McClendon 6, Fortner 1, M.McClendon 3.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
Another big night for the Burger & Campbell show as they combine for 41, great hustle from McClendon, Thompson and Fortner. I was very impressed with the guard #10 for Barbourville, and the whole team played with a lot of heart and guts. Great game to watch
toussaints, what colleges are looking into the Campbell kid?? His size can be a help anywhere!
thedealer12 Wrote:toussaints, what colleges are looking into the Campbell kid?? His size can be a help anywhere!

he's got a few D1 schools checking him out. Ohio, Morehead State, Miami Ohio. A couple big names like Xavier, Indiana, and Dayton have checked him out lately, but I don't know the extent of how much interest is there. His biggest fans right now though are NKU and Bradley.
If u take campbell away from that team they are just another average team just being inside caused a lot of problem for bville it was a great game from both teams . They played their hearts out. I hate to see a team play like that and get beat though. Good win for holy cross and heck of a game to the tigers! You guys played a great game! And gave them all they wanted. From the looks of their schedule that seemed to be one of the few close games they have had they are an excellent team!
gls1978 Wrote:If u take campbell away from that team they are just another average team just being inside caused a lot of problem for bville it was a great game from both teams . They played their hearts out. I hate to see a team play like that and get beat though. Good win for holy cross and heck of a game to the tigers! You guys played a great game! And gave them all they wanted. From the looks of their schedule that seemed to be one of the few close games they have had they are an excellent team!

Holy Cross is an average team without Campbell or Burger. I think Jake is one of the most under-rated players in the state.
toussaints Wrote:Holy Cross is an average team without Campbell or Burger. I think Jake is one of the most under-rated players in the state.

That is true but I think with Campbell inside is a bigger threat just watching him inside blocking shots and then the one dunk he had was a killer to the bville players they was playing good defense but had no answer for him on the inside he was to big for them to handle
Lack of size in the post is one thing that hurts Barbourville. On another note, the Tigers had a good run it just came up short. They earned their way to Frankfort.

Congrats Holy Cross.