Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge Duo Visits Indiana
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.allkyhoops.com/2012/01/three-...diana.html

Junior Ray Kasongo and Sophomore Tony Wolter will visit Indiana University this weekend. Both visited Missouri earlier this season. Kasongo has received an offer from Arizona.
If they have 2 big time D-1 players then why are they having a hard time winning in the mountain of Kentucky?
Kasongo is too lazy IMO. Thats just from what I've seen though. I have only seen about three games. He could be really good if he tried though. I like the way Wolter plays. He's fast as lightening.
If they where as good as everyone thinks...why are they at East Ridge... they are very mediocre, need a lot of work...It is all a work in progress, hopefully they will get it together in the next few weeks!!
ekff Wrote:If they have 2 big time D-1 players then why are they having a hard time winning in the mountain of Kentucky?

That's is what I say. They are having a very hard time at winning games, these boys I guess still haven't meshed together as a team.
Yeah. I've heard from a reliable source that their coming to us next year. I guess that's good if your the coach but I hate to see it for our players. If this does happen all the southwestern players from middle school. The issacs kid is going to get screwed and I hate to see it. Wright can't keep from recruiting and I had a bad feeling about it when we hired him. Someone needs to step up and let him know that he's not helping the kids in our community
ekff Wrote:If they have 2 big time D-1 players then why are they having a hard time winning in the mountain of Kentucky?

That seems to be the big question, obviously.

I think one solid explanation would be team chemistry. At times the team just doesn't seem to click on all cylinders.

The other explanation is effort. Kasongo really has a great deal of work to do in this department if he ever wants to play for a D1 school. Wolter, on the other hand, plays with a tremendous motor, never takes a play off, and is mature and intelligent on the basketball floor.
They are not ready to just yet but who is as a sophomore in highschool. Its strictly on potential. Most all kids in the mtns that are gettn D1 looks arent ready right now. They must see something in them they like or they wouldnt b interested. No one thought Hickey was a bigtime D1 player either, this kid is a freshman and starting on a competitive team and doing very good. I wish all those mtn kids the best of luck!!!!
Tribe Wrote:Yeah. I've heard from a reliable source that their coming to us next year. I guess that's good if your the coach but I hate to see it for our players. If this does happen all the southwestern players from middle school. The issacs kid is going to get screwed and I hate to see it. Wright can't keep from recruiting and I had a bad feeling about it when we hired him. Someone needs to step up and let him know that he's not helping the kids in our community

Your hearing they are coming to Southwestern? Interesting......
They arent mtn Kids. They live here now. They both told me the reason the came to KY was to try to get looked at by coach Cal.
Congrats to them...
Who is going where, and where is Southwestern? Thanks
They are going to go somewhere that they can win, and E.R. is not it, I mean they lost to Cordia. Ouch! They will need to improve a whole lot if they think Coach Cal will even look at them for a minute. Good luck to them, hard to leave home in chase of a dream, but at least they are trying.
D1Recruiter Wrote:They are going to go somewhere that they can win, and E.R. is not it, I mean they lost to Cordia. Ouch! They will need to improve a whole lot if they think Coach Cal will even look at them for a minute. Good luck to them, hard to leave home in chase of a dream, but at least they are trying.

I agree...but I heard a totally different scenerio.....I heard they may transfer to Oak Hill!
That's what is being said. And when you see Josh maxey coming to the games with some of these players you start to wonder. SW is losing alot next season as well. It's not going to surprise me a bit
Thats funny whoever you are you have never saw me at a game with any other players. The only person you ever see me with is my five year old son.And trust me hes gonna be a baller but it wont be at SW or anytime soon. You have no idea what you are talking about dont mention my name anymore. These kids play AAU for me I could care less where they play there High School ball at!
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:I agree...but I heard a totally different scenerio.....I heard they may transfer to Oak Hill!

Now that is pretty rediculous. I highly doubt they will go to Oak Hill.
Who is josh maxey???? Is he gonna transfer and play for SW too??? Ive never heard of him. Is he good??
The big kid from East Ridge will play D-1, but the guard will be NAIA or Divison II.
Coach Maxey Wrote:Thats funny whoever you are you have never saw me at a game with any other players. The only person you ever see me with is my five year old son.And trust me hes gonna be a baller but it wont be at SW or anytime soon. You have no idea what you are talking about dont mention my name anymore. These kids play AAU for me I could care less where they play there High School ball at!

Coach, I guess it takes a lot of courage to post on a social media outlet. I don't think I would lose sleep over what anyone might be saying about you in an environment such as this. Unfortunately, controlling what is said about us in either a forum like this is probably far outweighed by what people are saying in conversation. I can understand why this would be sensitive about comments, but don't let words bother you.
Josh maxey is the behind the scene guy for steve wright. He coaches his aau team when he is not allowed (dead period). Basically finds players for wright
itzAmazing Wrote:Now that is pretty rediculous. I highly doubt they will go to Oak Hill.

Just a rumor....I wouldn't be suprised to see them at a prep school.
I heard they were transferring to Perry Central Wink
Can they only play at East Ridge for one year?
Mountain Wrote:The big kid from East Ridge will play D-1, but the guard will be NAIA or Divison II.

There is no College or University right know that would take Kasongo over Wolter, I have seen a few games and Wolter has a much better attitude, Kasongo want's to be a 2-3 guard instead of working out in the post...If he would just stay in the post and work out NO ONE can stop him...but he has to stay in the post....and work it out!!!!