Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Stat Leaders as of 1/25/12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Points Per Game
Kobe Bryant (LAL) - 30.5
Lebron James (MIA) - 28.9
Kevin Durant (OKC) - 25.7
Kevin Love (MIN) - 24.9
Carmelo Anthony (NYK) - 24.1

Rebounds Per Game
Dwight Howard (ORL) - 15.6
Kevin Love (MIN) - 13.9
Andrew Bynum (LAL) - 13.2
Blake Griffin (LAC) - 11.5
Anderson Varejao (CLE) - 10.9

Assists Per Game
Steve Nash (PHX) - 10.4
Rajon Rondo (BOS) - 9.4
Jose Calderon (TOR) - 8.8
Kyle Lowry (HOU) - 8.7
Derrick Rose (CHI) - 8.6

Field Goal %
Marcin Gortat (PHX) - .591
Paul Millsap (UTA) - .554
Dwight Howard (ORL) - .553
Lebron James (MIA) - .552
Mo Williams (LAC) - .538

Free Throw %
Jamal Crawford (POR) - .947
JJ Redick (ORL) - .942
Kevin Martin (HOU) - .935
Samuel Dalembert (HOU) - .929
Kyle Lowry (HOU) - .906

3-Point %
Ray Allen (BOS) - .563
Thabo Sefolosha (OKC) - .545
Brandon Rush (GSW) - .545
Manu Ginobili (SAS) - .519
Markieff Morris (PHX) - .486

Block Per Game
DeAndre Jordan (LAC)- 3.0
JaVale McGee (WAS) - 2.9
Serge Ibaka (OKC) - 2.6
Marc Gasol (MEM) - 2.4
Dwight Howard (ORL) - 2.2

Steals Per Game
Chris Paul (LAC) - 2.78
Mike Conley (MEM) - 2.60
Iman Shumpert (NYK) - 2.54
Ricky Rubio (MIN) - 2.47
Kyle Lowry (HOU) - 2.13

Turnover Per Game
Deron Williams (NJN) - 4.3
Monta Ellis (GSW) - 4.0
John Wall (WAS) - 4.0
Lebron James (MIA) - 3.9
Rajon Rondo (BOS) - 3.8
Ray Allen is gunning with accuracy from deep. 56% from three is insane, even for this early in the season.
Nash just amazes me with what he does every year. I wish he didn't play for such a poor team. Everytime we talk about PG's moving to another team to help that team, we never mention him.
Stardust Wrote:Nash just amazes me with what he does every year. I wish he didn't play for such a poor team. Everytime we talk about PG's moving to another team to help that team, we never mention him.

Agreed. Nash could be a lethal missing piece for several teams. I would love to see him get a ring.
^ send him to Miami!
Lol for lebron to win a championship. He will need a complete all star team to play the fourth quarter for him.
Stardust Wrote:Nash just amazes me with what he does every year. I wish he didn't play for such a poor team. Everytime we talk about PG's moving to another team to help that team, we never mention him.

I think a lot of teams are scared to make a move for Nash because of the age. Teams don't won't to give up picks or young players for Nash. And Suns would say a lot for Nash because he is there money maker. he's the only person to draw in fans for the Suns
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol for lebron to win a championship. He will need a complete all star team to play the fourth quarter for him.

The way Miami has been looking I'd say Lebron don't need Wade to win a ring. I think Bosh and Lebron can do it.
ekff Wrote:The way Miami has been looking I'd say Lebron don't need Wade to win a ring. I think Bosh and Lebron can do it.

I dont care if they go undefeated up until the finals. Lebron has a way of helping his team lose. As we seen last year.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I dont care if they go undefeated up until the finals. Lebron has a way of helping his team lose. As we seen last year.

Well right now he is carrying them... Without Lebron that would end up with the great seed that they are going to get... and last year Lebron packed them to the finals.... Maybe its DWade... Maybe DWade is overrated...
ekff Wrote:Well right now he is carrying them... Without Lebron that would end up with the great seed that they are going to get... and last year Lebron packed them to the finals.... Maybe its DWade... Maybe DWade is overrated...

Dwade has a Finals MVP and a Championship. He averaged 34.7 in the finals. After being down 0-2 to the Mavs, he led his team to a Finals Victory.

Care to try again?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Dwade has a Finals MVP and a Championship. He averaged 34.7 in the finals. After being down 0-2 to the Mavs, he led his team to a Finals Victory.

Care to try again?

U don't think Shaq and having one of the best coaches of all time had something to do with that?

Wade also was missing the playoffs while Lebron was taking a less talent Cleveland team to the playoffs ever year
ekff Wrote:U don't think Shaq and having one of the best coaches of all time had something to do with that?

Wade also was missing the playoffs while Lebron was taking a less talent Cleveland team to the playoffs ever year

No ring for the queen. Lol and lebron has been to the finals twice now. And he choked his chance away.
ekff Wrote:Well right now he is carrying them... Without Lebron that would end up with the great seed that they are going to get... and last year Lebron packed them to the finals.... Maybe its DWade... Maybe DWade is overrated...

As Stephen A. Smith says over and over again, "I don't care what he does until the playoffs start."
Right now Lebron is packing the Heat.
He's putting up MJ numbers night in and night out.
We've seen and heard this before....
but IMO the MVP race is between Kobe and Lebron right now and Lebron gets the edge.
If the Lakers hadn't have dropped a few the last couple weeks I would have given it to Kobe. If Wade would have been playing the last few weeks Lebron wouldn't have looked as impressive either.

But at this point....
Lebron is the MVP
LWC Wrote:As Stephen A. Smith says over and over again, "I don't care what he does until the playoffs start."

Stephen A. Smith's opinion is his opinion... All those guys on ESPN love to hate Lebron....

But people are crazy if you can watch the NBA and watch Miami play and not see that Lebron is the best player on that team.... Wade can't pass, rebound, or play Def as good as Lebron...
Dwight Howard affects every Play. Without him the magic may win 5 games.
Dwight Howard does NOT make a difference on half of the plays on offense.
zaga_fan Wrote:Dwight Howard does NOT make a difference on half of the plays on offense.

Are you kidding me? every play u have 2-3 players worried about him dunking or even getting the ball. Leaving Wide open 3 point shooters every play.

If he could play as physical as they let shaq in LA he would be a force. Shaq would knock people down, flagrant foul people and never got anything called against him. Now a defender can flop with a inch of contact and howard has 2 easy fouls.
zaga_fan Wrote:Dwight Howard does NOT make a difference on half of the plays on offense.

I respectfully disagree.

Dwight Howard opens up room for all of the shooters that the Magic have on their roster. I'm not saying that all the credit should go to Howard for the Magic shooting the rock so well, but he gives shooters like Ryan Anderson and JJ Redick the space they desire because he attracts so much attention in the paint.
ekff Wrote:Stephen A. Smith's opinion is his opinion... All those guys on ESPN love to hate Lebron....

But people are crazy if you can watch the NBA and watch Miami play and not see that Lebron is the best player on that team.... Wade can't pass, rebound, or play Def as good as Lebron...

Stephen A. Smith LOVES Lebron. The only time I didn't see him take up for Lebron was after the Finals collapse. But that's completely understandable, wouldn't you say?
But yeah, I'm with Smith on this one. I've seen Lebron dominate the regular season many times now. He's gotta come through when it matters, not these meaningless regular season games.
Even without Wade, this Heat team is stacked. Another year Lebron should win it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Are you kidding me? every play u have 2-3 players worried about him dunking or even getting the ball. Leaving Wide open 3 point shooters every play.

If he could play as physical as they let shaq in LA he would be a force. Shaq would knock people down, flagrant foul people and never got anything called against him. Now a defender can flop with a inch of contact and howard has 2 easy fouls.

If Howard was that big of a factor on offense his numbers would show it.
He averages under 20 ppg.
If "u have 2-3 players worried about him dunking or even getting the ball. Leaving Wide open 3 point shooters every play" then he should be able to hit the open man and rack up a few assists per game.
However, he only gets 2.3 apg.
He's had 3 games this year where he didn't reach double-figures.
His rebound totals are impressive but his offensive game just isn't elite like you guys say it is.

And saying that "If he could play as physical as they let shaq in LA he would be a force. Shaq would knock people down, flagrant foul people and never got anything called against him. Now a defender can flop with a inch of contact and howard has 2 easy fouls" doesn't help Dwight's case.

Dwight Howard dreams at night about being as physical as Shaq used to be. Then he wakes up and realizes he doesn't have a chance. No matter how many nicknames he steals from him.

I don't care how good you are on defense. Unless you are breaking records for blocked shots, steals, or rebounds(which Dwight is not), then you have to be an elite offensive player to win the MVP award.
^ I agree Zaga. D-Howard is not feared underneath nearly to the point that Shaq was, yet Shaq led the league twice in scoring and averaged 27 per game for 10 straight years. And I'd venture to say that Shaq scored 14 PG on dunks
Stardust Wrote:^ I agree Zaga. D-Howard is not feared underneath nearly to the point that Shaq was, yet Shaq led the league twice in scoring and averaged 27 per game for 10 straight years. And I'd venture to say that Shaq scored 14 PG on dunks

I remember when Shaq's drop-step was labeled "The Black Tornado"

It isn't fair to compare Dwight to Shaq because they play a different style of game. But if you are going to call yourself Superman, even though Shaq has it tattooed on his arm, embroidered on his car seats, and plastered throughout his home, you're drawing that comparison yourself.

Dwight has a shot at MVP...
but he has to get mean...
he has to score...
and he can't take games off on the offensive end.
You can't go 2 for 9 for 5 points and 15 rebounds and say you want the MVP award.
Did teams double-team Duncan and deny him the ball when he won MVP.
Yes.
Did he score at least 25 a game like that?
Yes.
Did teams double-team Shaq and deny him the ball when he won MVP.
Yes.
Did he score at least 25 a game like that?
Yes.

You can't average 19 and 15 and get the MVP award.
It won't happen.
It isn't ESPN's fault.
It isn't the media.
Dwight could average 25 a game if he worked on his offense a little more and didn't shoot 40% from the FT line.
Quote:Dwight could average 25 a game if he worked on his offense a little more and didn't shoot 40% from the FT line

Completely accurate!
The game has changed. U can't be as physical as Shaq used to be. Its an offensive foul. Not to mention he doesn't play for the cheaters u root for every year.
^ I don't respond to stupidity so I don't have anything to say about your last comment.

But how has the game changed offensively in the paint?
I'm pretty confident the rules for the offensive fouls in the paint have not changed.
Steve Nash won mvp twice averaging less then 25 or even 20 ppg I do believe and I wouldnt consider him exactly scary on the defensive end of the floor. 15 rebounds or 11 assists by Nash, solid stats. Howard more points, and a much much better defender. So why shouldnt he be considered for MVP? Comparing him to Shaq is completely wrong on all levels. Shaq changed the game and Howard will NEVER be O'neal. So lets not even go there. But he should most definitely be in the conversation for mvp. And I venture to say at the end of the season his ppg will be over 20.
^ #1 - Steve Nash didn't deserve at least one of those MVPs
^ #2 - He was the best offensive player on the highest scoring offense in the league.
I absolutely hate that everyone says Lebron is leading the mvp race too. To me its not all about stats its about "who is most valuable to their team". Durant and Howard definitely ahead of Lebron in that question. Without james the Heat are still a solid team with two all-stars and would stillw in games and make the playoffs and contend on some level. Without Durant it would be the Oklahoma City who? Cause they would be irrelevant. Same with Orlando. If Howard has an injury and is out the rest of the season the Magic miss the playoffs by 10+ games.
Pages: 1 2