Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County 58 Williamsburg 55
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Whitley picks up there fourth win on the year and second over Wburg.
Actually the score was 58-52, Williamsburg never scored the last three, and it was put on the board prematurely.

Williamsburg was out coached from the start, and Williamsburg had no answer for Petery and Lawson inside. Couch shut down Barton to the point Robinson sat him most of the second quarter, his confidence in his shot was gone in the second half and he was a non factor. Williamsburg did shut done Powers, but Whitley got other players involved and they responded.

The 50th district is so weak this there is not a team that can win the region this year for the first time in a long time.
Whitley does not have a good record, but they have a great chance to win that district.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:Actually the score was 58-52, Williamsburg never scored the last three, and it was put on the board prematurely.

Williamsburg was out coached from the start, and Williamsburg had no answer for Petery and Lawson inside. Couch shut down Barton to the point Robinson sat him most of the second quarter, his confidence in his shot was gone in the second half and he was a non factor. Williamsburg did shut done Powers, but Whitley got other players involved and they responded.

The 50th district is so weak this there is not a team that can win the region this year for the first time in a long time.

I don't know much about basketball so was just wondering how the Williamsburg coaches were out coached. Also, I would never count a Tony Pietrowski team out.
Corbin will get the one see and win this district. That's a given.

Its all about how the rest of the seeds fall.
All three teams (Whitley, South, Wburg) can still fall 2-4. Maybe even a coin toss to decided.
Its really about the 2-3 seeds and who wins that game in district so there hope of going to region comes true.

IMHO, your region champion will not come from this district.
I would think Bell, Harlan County, and Knox Central have to be the favorites with Barbourville and Corbin not to far behind.
i dont think the 50th has a chance this year. i will say this whitley is better than their record, and williamsburg is much improved.corbin is down from past years, and south has been killed with injurys.the loss of blake sanders im afraid puts south out of the tournament early on.
Congrats on the district win Whitley.