Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Region Picks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is a month or so left in the season, lets hear some of the teams you think will make it to Rupp? If you want to just pick the region your from or pick all 16. Lets get a discussion on which teams we might see.

I'm sure my picks will change once the reg. season is over and all the seeds/draws are set. Here is my mid jan. picks.

Region 1- Marshall
2-Hopkinsville
3-Grayson Co
4-Bowling Green
5-E-Town
6-Bullitt East
7-Trinity
8-Oldham Co
9-Dixie Heights
10-Clark Co
11-Scott Co
12-Pulaski Co
13-Harlan Co
14-Perry Central
15-Sheldon Clark
16-Rowan Co

* I dont get to watch a lot of teams outside of the mountains so these are just my predictions.
1.Marshall County
2.Madisonville North
3.Ohio County
4.Clinton County
5.E'Town
6.PRP
7.Trinity
8.Oldham County
9.Dixie Heights
10.GRC
11.Madison Central
12.Pulaski County
13.Clay County
14.Knott Central
15.Sheldon Clark
16.Rowan County
15th Betsy Layne. They have played well missing 2 starters. Once they return i think they will prove to be a small step ahead of the rest.
12. Pulaski County
13. Harlan County
14. Knott Central
15. Sheldon Clark
16. Rowan County
1st - Marshall County (20-1)

2nd - Hopkinsville (18-2)

3rd - Ohio County (21-2)

4th - Warren Central (14-7)

5th - Bardstown (15-6)

6th - PRP (18-5)

7th - Trinity (18-3)

8th - Owen County (15-7)

9th - Holy Cross (Covington) (18-2)

10th - Clark County (19-3)

11th - Madison Central (21-0)

12th - Southwestern (16-6)

13th - Harlan County (17-2)

14th - Perry Central (17-4)

15th - Sheldon Clark (19-4)

16th - Rowan County (12-6)
15th - Johnson Central has beaten Sheldon Clark TWICE this season already. HECK, neither of them may get out of the District. Crazier things have happened in the 57th. But, Sheldon Clark should be favored.
Is there any teams that are absolutely mortal locks to win their region?

Seems like maybe Marshall in region #1,

Madison Central is 21-0 but there is some very good teams in that region they have yet to play.

Clark Co, always in the race to win the 10th. Will they for sure win it this year?

6th region is one the toughest to pick, PRP, Bullit East, Moore has a good team too

Is Trinity a lock as some think?

Will the Black Bears of Harlan Co, make their 1st trip to Rupp in post season play? They havent lost to anyone in that region but their has been some teams play them down to the wire and lost in OT (Clay and Knox)

Could Ashland or West Carter be a problem for Rowan Co?
Ballard is capable of beating Trinity. IMO, there isn't one region that has an automatic lock.
Knott Central 14th
MVP2 Wrote:Is there any teams that are absolutely mortal locks to win their region?

Seems like maybe Marshall in region #1,

Madison Central is 21-0 but there is some very good teams in that region they have yet to play.

Clark Co, always in the race to win the 10th. Will they for sure win it this year?

6th region is one the toughest to pick, PRP, Bullit East, Moore has a good team too

Is Trinity a lock as some think?

Will the Black Bears of Harlan Co, make their 1st trip to Rupp in post season play? They havent lost to anyone in that region but their has been some teams play them down to the wire and lost in OT (Clay and Knox)

Could Ashland or West Carter be a problem for Rowan Co?

I'd say Rowan County is a lock
ekff Wrote:I'd say Rowan County is a lock

By district tournament time, they might be. It looks like they're getting hot lately but they've played West twice and won by one point, then lost by one point the other game. I think for a team to be consider an auto lock, then they are clearly 8-10 points better than all other teams in the region.
With the surge of Mason County, they're definitely in the hunt in the 10th. There is probably 5 teams that have a legitimate chance.
I know I already did my picks but we started talking about locks so I wanted to list who I think has a chance at winning each region.

Not in any order but just some teams that wouldn't really surprise me if I seen them at Rupp.

1st - Marshall County, Graves County

2nd - Hopkinsville, Trigg County, Livingston County, Webster County

3rd - Ohio County, Grayson County, Apollo

4th - Warren Central, Bowling Green, Clinton County, Russell County, Glasgow

5th - Bardstown, E-Town, Bethlehmen

6th - PRP, Bullitt East, Moore

7th - Trinity, Ballard

8th - Owen County, Oldham County, North Oldham, South Oldham, Gallatin County

9th - Holy Cross Cov, Holmes, Dixie Heights, Boone County

10th - GRC, Montgomery County, Mason County, Harrison County

11th - Madison Central, Scott County, Lexington Catholic

12th - Southwestern, Pulaski County, East Jessamine

13th - Harlan County, Clay County, Bell County, Barbourville

14th - Perry Central, Knott Central, Buckhorn, Breathitt County

15th - Sheldon Clark, Johnson Central, Pikeville, Betsy Lane

16th - Rowan County, Ashland, West Carter
My picks and why I picked them, kind of.

1- Marshall County: very close to being a lock for me, no one in their region really matches up with them well.

2- Hopkinsville: still think Madisonville has a pretty good shot though

3- Ohio County: several impressive wins, owning their region right now

4- Bowling Green: most athletic of all 4th region teams

5- Bardstown: of the several teams that I think can win this region, Bardstown is probably the most sound

6- Bullitt East: probably the most talented in the 6th, but PRP and Moore will be tough outs

7- Trinity: too much talent, Ballard will push them to the limit

8- Oldham County: this region was a run away at the beginning of the season, but South Oldham and Simon Kenton are on fire

9- Dixie Heights: Holmes and Cov. Holy Cross have what it takes to win the 9th, but Dixie's got the talent and experience to win it.

10- Clark County: they're on a mission, playing really good right now

11- Madison Central: potential for regional letdown here with Scott County, LexCath and Henry Clay, but until they lose, they're my favorite

12- East Jessamine: On fire

13- Harlan County: pretty good size, flipped a coin between them and Clay County

14- Perry County Central: Feb. 9 at KCC will be a fun one

15- Sheldon Clark: I think they have the best defense against Johnson Central and Betsy Layne

16- Rowan County: head and shoulders above the rest of the region. Ashland could surprise them.
toussaints Wrote:My picks and why I picked them, kind of.

1- Marshall County: very close to being a lock for me, no one in their region really matches up with them well.

2- Hopkinsville: still think Madisonville has a pretty good shot though

3- Ohio County: several impressive wins, owning their region right now

4- Bowling Green: most athletic of all 4th region teams

5- Bardstown: of the several teams that I think can win this region, Bardstown is probably the most sound

6- Bullitt East: probably the most talented in the 6th, but PRP and Moore will be tough outs

7- Trinity: too much talent, Ballard will push them to the limit

8- Oldham County: this region was a run away at the beginning of the season, but South Oldham and Simon Kenton are on fire

9- Dixie Heights: Holmes and Cov. Holy Cross have what it takes to win the 9th, but Dixie's got the talent and experience to win it.

10- Clark County: they're on a mission, playing really good right now

11- Madison Central: potential for regional letdown here with Scott County, LexCath and Henry Clay, but until they lose, they're my favorite

12- East Jessamine: On fire

13- Harlan County: pretty good size, flipped a coin between them and Clay County

14- Perry County Central: Feb. 9 at KCC will be a fun one

15- Sheldon Clark: I think they have the best defense against Johnson Central and Betsy Layne

16- Rowan County: head and shoulders above the rest of the region. Ashland could surprise them.

Good post. I'd like to see more like this. I'm in a contest at the end of the year. I'd to see/get as much info as possible from the regions from up north and out west.
ekff Wrote:I know I already did my picks but we started talking about locks so I wanted to list who I think has a chance at winning each region.

Not in any order but just some teams that wouldn't really surprise me if I seen them at Rupp.

7th - Trinity, Ballard

Really like Ohio Co in the 3rd region. In the 10th my picks would be either GRC or Montgomery Co. Both are in the same district, so they will be in opposite brackets in the region. Region is at Maontgomery Co this year, so that is a factor also. 14th, Perry Central should win, but Knott Central is capable too. 12th Don't count out East Jessamine.
Region 1 Marshall,Co
Region 2 Madisonville
Region 3 Ohio,Co
Region 4 Glasgow
Region 5 John Hardin
Region 6 Bullitt East
Region 7 Trinity
Region 8 Simon Kenton
Region 9 Cov. Holmes
Region 10 Clark,Co
Region 11 Scott,Co
Region 12 East Jessimean
Region 13 Harlan,Cent
Region 14 Perry,Cent
Region 15 Johnson,Cent
Region 16 West Carter
A lot of upset on here but you cant pick favorits..
ekff Wrote:I know I already did my picks but we started talking about locks so I wanted to list who I think has a chance at winning each region.

7th - Trinity, Ballard

I wouldn't rightfully put Breathitt in there. Simply because Perry beat them by 19, @ Breathitt. I think the only teams capable of winning the 14th are Perry and Knott. With a slight chance that Buckhorn can get in there. Hopefully, they don't draw Perry in the first round of district. It would suck if one of the three best teams in the region doesn't make it into the tournament.
I'd watch out for Lincoln County in that 12th region spot. Watched then play Madison Central and they have gotten alot better. Watch out for Jeff Jackson and his boys! Definately the sleeper for that region but if the edgeington kid keeps playing like he does, southwestern or Pulaski may have some problems.

7th - Trinity, Ballard

Good post. Thanks for the info.
Just going to bump this thread.

The post-season is right around the corner with a week or so left in the regluar season.
It's a three-team race in the 12th Region right now with Pulaski County, Southwestern, and East Jessamine.

Pulaski County came in as the pre-season favorites, but one player quit this past week, so that's one less scorer on a team that already lacks depth.

Southwestern is still trying to get used to one another with all of the new players on the team. If Justin Edwards can get back at full strength, watch out for the Warriors.

East Jessamine - they are playing some really good basketball right now. They could easily come down to Somerset and take care of the Maroons and Warriors.

Another team playing good right now is Lincoln County. Jeff Jackson has the Patriots playing really well against a top-notch schedule.
GetChili Wrote:It's a three-team race in the 12th Region right now with Pulaski County, Southwestern, and East Jessamine.

Pulaski County came in as the pre-season favorites, but one player quit this past week, so that's one less scorer on a team that already lacks depth.

Southwestern is still trying to get used to one another with all of the new players on the team. If Justin Edwards can get back at full strength, watch out for the Warriors.

East Jessamine - they are playing some really good basketball right now. They could easily come down to Somerset and take care of the Maroons and Warriors.

Another team playing good right now is Lincoln County. Jeff Jackson has the Patriots playing really well against a top-notch schedule.

Where is the 12th region tournament held at this year?
MVP2 Wrote:Where is the 12th region tournament held at this year?

Pulaski County High School
6th-- Moore--- Strong
7th-- Ballard-- Guards that can handle Trinity's pressure and size that can give Trinity
problems
8th-- Collins-- Lacking a point but with their two new transfers Collins is by far the
tallest, most athletic team in the region, maybe state.
In the 13th bell flew under the radar was not playing as well as the other teams last year but pulled it out and went to rupp.
MercerTitanCheer11 Wrote:I'd watch out for Lincoln County in that 12th region spot. Watched then play Madison Central and they have gotten alot better. Watch out for Jeff Jackson and his boys! Definately the sleeper for that region but if the edgeington kid keeps playing like he does, southwestern or Pulaski may have some problems.

You make a very good point! They're getting hot at the right time. They have won 5 of their last 6 games and shocked Southwestern last Tuesday, beating them by 4 points.
Here are 4

8th-Oldham Co
9th- Dixie Heights
10th-Montgomery Co
11th-Scott Co
11th region is a toos up between 3 maybe 4 teams ( Madison Central, Scott Co. Lex Catholic and Henry Clay ) No one else comes close.
GetChili, you are big 12th region guy. If you dont mind me asking, who is your pick to come out of 12th?
Pages: 1 2