Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 58 - South Laurel 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Corbin 58
South Laurel 51

South Laurel 13 11 11 16 51
Corbin 11 13 13 21 58

South Laurel (7-15) -- Grubb 3, Jones 8, Radar 1, Allen 2, Slavey 4, Baxter 21, Mitchell 4, Hale 8.

Corbin (9-8) -- Farley 15, Smith 27, Maguet 4, West 4, Hill 3, Berezutchi 2, Grubb 3.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
Big district game by Smith. Any update on the health of Sanders?
This district could still fall many different ways.

Corbin has locked up the one seed.

South has beaten Whitley twice.
Whitley has beaten Wburg twice.
Wburg has beaten South once and Corbin once.

Wburg still has games against South and Corbin left.
Whitley has a game with Corbin left.

Still a lot of way this thing could turn out.
Whitley is 2-3 in the district.
Corbin is 3-1 in the district.
Wburg is 2-2 in the district
South is 2-3 in the district.

I honestly think Corbin will take district.
2-4 is still up in the air.
Aldric Perfidus Wrote:Big district game by Smith. Any update on the health of Sanders?
Heard Sanders, is out for the rest of the season sure hope it's not true. South Laurel's, missing his ball handling, floor vision and decission making. It's really hard to replace him because of his basketball IQ and skills he brings to the game.
LexBaller Wrote:Heard Sanders, is out for the rest of the season sure hope it's not true. South Laurel's, missing his ball handling, floor vision and decission making. It's really hard to replace him because of his basketball IQ and skills he brings to the game.

I hate to hear this, Sanders is a very good player as well as a good kid. A huge loss for South Laurel.
While Corbin more than likely will get the #1 seed, they have not quite yet locked it up yet. Williamsburg plays South Laurel on Friday and then Corbin on Tuesday. IF, Williamsburg were to win both of these games they would then be 4-2 in district play and be the automatic #1 seed. Reasoning is, Corbin, even if they beat Whitley the next time they play would also be 4-2 and Williamsburg would win the tie because of head to head meetings. I would have to think after Williamsburg lost last night to Whitley and with Smith back for Corbin that it will be different this time around, but until the game is played you never know. This is a very interesting district this year with no clear cut favorite. Burg again would have to beat South and Corbin, but they have already done it once, so I won't say it's impossible, just going to be very tough. That is only way Corbin will not be the 1 seed come district tourney time.