Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lafayette 50 - Paul Dunbar 48
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lafayette 50
Paul Dunbar 48

Paul Dunbar 7 10 12 19 48
Lafayette 8 8 18 16 50

Paul Dunbar (16-7) -- King 3, Lewis 5, Gary 17, Smith 17, Haga 2, Adu-Peasag 2, Hurst 2.

Lafayette (9-12) -- Blakely 2, Chester 10, Davis 9, Trisko 14, Sweat-Washington 14, Wright 1.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
This one surprises me. Anyone can walk away with the 11th Region title.
Colonels87 Wrote:This one surprises me. Anyone can walk away with the 11th Region title.

I say Madison Central is the clear favorite.
FBfan4life Wrote:I say Madison Central is the clear favorite.

Um, Scott County? The number 2 team in the state. There is 2 top contenders and probably 3-4 other teams that could win, given the right draw. I think it'd be really hard for a team to beat Scott Co. and Madison Central in a 3 game span. Although, if them two were to get matched up in a 2nd round game then I could see the opposite semi final winner pulling an upset in the region championship.
Madison Central, Catholic, Scott County are all pretty good teams.. Wouldn't surprise me if any of those 3 win the 11th
I don't think LexCath is quite on the level of them other two this year but I would throw them into a group with PLD and Lafayette as teams who could pull an upset and make it
Lafayette is a young team with a young coach. Maybe a year away from being a top 5
team in the state. But this is a team on the upswing and will be a tough out this year.
D IT UP Wrote:Um, Scott County? The number 2 team in the state. There is 2 top contenders and probably 3-4 other teams that could win, given the right draw. I think it'd be really hard for a team to beat Scott Co. and Madison Central in a 3 game span. Although, if them two were to get matched up in a 2nd round game then I could see the opposite semi final winner pulling an upset in the region championship.

Scott County have had some GREAT team(s) than the one they have this year. And those great team(s) in the past could not reach the sweet 16. What make you think this year is any different? I think it will come down to 3 team race with Madison Central, Lex Cath and of course Scott Co.
Don't count Dunbar out just yet. They are a two man team, but help may be on the way. Eric Trigg comes some time in February and there wing (Name?) is in a walking boot. Don't know when he comes back. Give Gary a little help and he is very dangerous. I wouldn't want to face them early in an elimination game.
BluegrassChef Wrote:Don't count Dunbar out just yet. They are a two man team, but help may be on the way. Eric Trigg comes some time in February and there wing (Name?) is in a walking boot. Don't know when he comes back. Give Gary a little help and he is very dangerous. I wouldn't want to face them early in an elimination game.

No doubt that PLD is a contender. I just hope that Trigg will not be an issue/ headache like he was at LexCath.
FBfan4life Wrote:Scott County have had some GREAT team(s) than the one they have this year. And those great team(s) in the past could not reach the sweet 16. What make you think this year is any different? I think it will come down to 3 team race with Madison Central, Lex Cath and of course Scott Co.
Agreed, but when they've been awesome, the rest of the 11th has been good as well. Catholic, Henry Clay and Station are all down this year for their standard.
Lex Cath is 15-2 with Floyd on the court. One was to Trinity and in the other they were up 7 with two minutes to go. If the other players give Whitman some help, he is the best player in the 11th right now. Problem has been no one but floyd has been able to consistently help him. 11th is wide open. I can see any of about 5 or 6 teams winning.