Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rowan County 62 Clark County 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Win for the Vikings.:Thumbs:
TR196KY Wrote:Good Win for the Vikings.:Thumbs:

Good 16th Region win over 10th RegionConfusednicker:
Rowan Co. 62
Clark Co. 58

Clark Co. 9 15 18 16 58
Rowan Co. 15 13 11 23 62

Clark Co. (19-3) -- Vancleve 9, Stenzil 18, Caudill 3, Howard 8, Rogers 8, Fatkin 12.

Rowan Co. (12-6) -- Townsend 18, Wing 17, Egan 12, Brown 8, Thacker 4, Hodge 3.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
Wing and Townsend play well for the Vikings.

Would have loved to see this match-up.

Congrats Rowan!
Seems like Brown is improving with every game. If he can give them a few positive minutes each night may help there overall productivity.
Good win for RC. I said RC by 3.
GetChili Wrote:Wing and Townsend play well for the Vikings.

Would have loved to see this match-up.

Congrats Rowan!

It was ugly from the tipoff. T on Adam Wing, then T on coach Thacker....both I thought were unwarrented. Fouls that were questioinable to say the least. A over and back call on GRC that was at the second line, not mid-court...which was over ruled. Clock not starting , Fatkin with 6 fouls. As you can see it went both way...just a ugly game.

GRC had 3 players foul out, Vancleeve at the 5:19 mark of the 4th quarter, Howard and then Fatkin.

Wing had a much better game than against Bullitt East. Second half Townsend scored at will. Most of Browns baskets were assists from Townsend.
this game was not very well officiated. Three things you cant control; the weather, the officials and the other team.

i also thought the T on adam wing was not a good call, and coach thackers T was because he was sticking up for his player...but i do agree, very ugly game but it was an exciting one.
16th Region officiating = :HitWall:
Great game for the VIKINGS!!
Gold Charger Wrote:It was ugly from the tipoff. T on Adam Wing, then T on coach Thacker....both I thought were unwarrented. Fouls that were questioinable to say the least. A over and back call on GRC that was at the second line, not mid-court...which was over ruled. Clock not starting , Fatkin with 6 fouls. As you can see it went both way...just a ugly game.

GRC had 3 players foul out, Vancleeve at the 5:19 mark of the 4th quarter, Howard and then Fatkin.

Wing had a much better game than against Bullitt East. Second half Townsend scored at will. Most of Browns baskets were assists from Townsend.

Goos assessment. The official that made the phantom over and back call has a reputation of making the game more about him than the players. And there was one clock issue, although I have seen that at different places several times this year. And I also thought Fatkin had 6, although I couldn't be sure!!
[quote=HD28]Goos assessment. The official that made the phantom over and back call has a reputation of making the game more about him than the players.

He succeeded last night for sure!
Heard this game was poorly officiated and controversy about a coach getting T'd up and he didn't stay seated or something...Anyways GRC had the chance to win if they didn't have the 2 late turnovers.
I can guarantee you one thing...there wasn't nearly as much controversy last night as there was at GRC last year when Jason Egan got ran over shooting a potential game winning 3 that the official swallowed his whistle on.
HD28 Wrote:I can guarantee you one thing...there wasn't nearly as much controversy last night as there was at GRC last year when Jason Egan got ran over shooting a potential game winning 3 that the official swallowed his whistle on.
Totally agree with this comment.
:Thumbs:[quote=HD28]Goos assessment. The official that made the phantom over and back call has a reputation of making the game more about him than the players.

I've witnessed it for years.:Thumbs:
Great win for Rowan Co. Very awful call on the T for Wing and many unwaranted missed calls in this game. Rowan is poised for another run at the state level. :betterthanexpected: