Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nike to unveil new uniforms for college basketball teams Wednesday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last week rumors were swirling that the Syracuse men's basketball may be one of the next programs to try out the new gray jerseys.

According to Yahoo! Sports at least 18 prominent Division I programs have worn a gray alternate jersey this season.

A new report out today by uniwatch.com says that Nike plans on unveiling new uniforms on Wednesday, but doesn't say if they will be gray:

"Nike will unveil new men's and women's basketball uniforms - all of them sweatbacks, I think - for Arizona, Baylor, Connecticut, Duke, Florida, Kentucky, North Carolina, and Syracuse tomorrow morning."
http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketbal..._unif.html
Kentucky will wear the new Nike Platinum jersey on January 31st against Tennessee.

[Image: 503122343.png?Expires=1327506786&Key-Pai...y6zAht8T8_]
^ link does not work
Stardust Wrote:^ link does not work
Finally got a picture to post. Sites being all crazy and shizzz.
I like the black ones we have the best.

Im not really a fan of gray.

But after seeing the dismal and pathetic college football jerseys some teams wore this year, anything is an improvement over that.
I think the black will be a away uni, and these are for home games.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I think the black will be a away uni, and these are for home games.

In the other thread I said these uniforms were hideous, thinking they must
be road unis. If these are home unis, they are DESPICABLE.
Leave the silly b.s. to the wannabes, we are UK, and we are
blue and white. The denim disgrace in the Pitino years was bad
enough, this is beyond the pale.

We're THE PREMIERE college basketball team, and any athletic
shoe/apparel company would be happy to outfit our program.
The one that does needs to keep in mind that they're outfitting
the KING, not some side show.
Lol, I love both of the uniforms.
Even worse, we lower our program to the level of these other teams that NEED
to do the gimmicks. For those of us not beering away the days in college,
lost in whatever idiocy contitutes the latest 10 second fad, let's hope this nightmare
is a one game mistake.
I love the uniforms. And notice the jersey number. #5 - Jarrod Polson
^
Thats because the rest of them were out on the floor playing :biggrin:
The whole point of this is to highlight the premiere teams that Nike outfits. Quite frankly them doing this shows that we are one of the premiere programs in basketball.
If UK wants to continue pulling in big recruits, they have to do this. UK may be king, but the fact of the matter is, they are a few years removed from being an NIT team, and without Cal would probably be right back there. This is something that appeals to recruits now, you cant just go to a recruit and say "we are UK, we are the best" and get a guy anymore. With all that said, I like them. You have to mix it up every once in awhile. If they were to use these on a constant basis I would hate it, but just to wear them once or twice...what is the problem?
Love em.
Grey? Now we have Home, Away and Neutral court uniforms! Blah - You can keep them!
I would have liked them better if the unis had of been blue. with the gray accents.