Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark 70 vs Magoffin County 67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Moore 21 Kirk 19 Chapman 15 Parsley 9 Slone 2 Rice 2 James 2 cards played hard all night. Great game to Spurlock and his team!
IntheZone Wrote:Moore 21 Kirk 19 Chapman 15 Parsley 9 Slone 2 Rice 2 James 2 cards played hard all night. Great game to Spurlock and his team!

Is that Dave Slone?
Sheldon Clark 70
Magoffin Co. 67 (OT)

Sheldon Clark 12 19 15 16 8 70
Magoffin Co. 22 16 4 20 5 67

Sheldon Clark (19-4) -- Moore 21, Kirk 19, Chapman 15, Parsley 9, James 2, Rice 2, Slone 2.

Magoffin Co. (9-8) -- Kazee 22, Kennard 6, Howes 9, Howard 10, Pitts 20.Kazee, 22

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
Yes, it is Dave Slone. This is his first game with the cardinals.
Everybody worked hard tonight & did great! Congrats to spurlock & the boys!!
Johnson still out with that head injury or something else?
Spud6 Wrote:Johnson still out with that head injury or something else?

yeah
softballfan25 Wrote:Is that Dave Slone?

Yes. Slone brings a whole new dimension to the already favored team in the region.
is this the slone that has already played games at Paintsville this year?
^^ that would be him
How did he get elgible so quick???? Did Spurlock facebook the KHSAA comish or something?
not a clue.
the 1 the only Wrote:How did he get elgible so quick???? Did Spurlock facebook the KHSAA comish or something?

There wasn't much to this really. Change of address and Paintsville signed off on his release. Seems like the KHSAA has gotten a little softer on these types of things lately. In years past, it would take almost an entire season for something such as this to go through.
Yeah I know Perry co has a kid from New York and has to fight like hell to get him elgible then this kid plays for another team this very season and gets to play. Unreal
the 1 the only Wrote:Yeah I know Perry co has a kid from New York and has to fight like hell to get him elgible then this kid plays for another team this very season and gets to play. Unreal

There was more to the Paige situation. I don't know exactly what it consisted of but he was an out of state kid. I was told heard that Logan High couldn't get him eligible in WV under their rules, and that's why he was sent to Perry by Hatchers dad. That may not be true but if so and he wasn't going to be eligible to play in WV, then there has to be something with reasonable question involving him. The case with Slone was pretty simple. He has always competed under the KHSAA and with his change of address, it was just a matter of paper work being faxed and reviewed and a decision to get made.
The point is this kid PLAYED games for paintsville, much worse than Paige
Glad to see Slone back where he belongs. This is an excellent young man.
Lets not bash on the kid for coming back to SCHS he is a good kid and a outstanding ball player..papers are signed and KHSAA didnt see a problem!!!! Sry "the one the only"
Imagine if Tiller was still there. They would be untouchable in the 15th!!!
i am glad to see slone back in his home town colors. i guess he got smart and wanted to be on a winning team
I know I'm sorry that the KHSAA is a complete joke just I'm sure you are the same person that would cry foul had he left Sheldon Clark to Paintsville.
If the head coach of the team he's leaving has no problem with it, then nobody should. In this case, I think it was probably in his previous coach best interest not to fight it or give any reason to upset the family.
the 1 the only Wrote:I know I'm sorry that the KHSAA is a complete joke just I'm sure you are the same person that would cry foul had he left Sheldon Clark to Paintsville.

He already has. He attended SCHS than went to pville. Get over it. It happens all over the state. Hopefully SC can get that 6'12 guy from Australia before district starts.
Another big win for SC. Great job Cardinals!
D IT UP Wrote:There was more to the Paige situation. I don't know exactly what it consisted of but he was an out of state kid. I was told heard that Logan High couldn't get him eligible in WV under their rules, and that's why he was sent to Perry by Hatchers dad. That may not be true but if so and he wasn't going to be eligible to play in WV, then there has to be something with reasonable question involving him. The case with Slone was pretty simple. He has always competed under the KHSAA and with his change of address, it was just a matter of paper work being faxed and reviewed and a decision to get made.

Logan High got 2 out of state "recruits" which is illegal in WV, but they do it all the time and get by with it... politics maybe?????
He didnt play varsity at SC before he went to P-Ville. As for him being eligible I see 0 problem with it Paintsville signed his release, therefore he gets eligible.
IntheZone Wrote:He already has. He attended SCHS than went to pville. Get over it. It happens all over the state. Hopefully SC can get that 6'12 guy from Australia before district starts.

You alll know if he would have transfed to Pville, fron any school in the 57th. he would not be eligeble!!!!!!!
He lives in the county people he always has he is cleared so quit crying about it and move on.
First of all, I am from Martin County and I support the Cards, but I don't really see anyone whining about it. I think it is a legitimate discussion. Having said that I am glad to see Dave back in a Cardinal uniform.
What does this have to do at all with the title of this thread... This thread was created to discuss the game. Start a new thread if you wanna talk about if a child should or should not have been ruled eligable.
Very well said, lets focus on the game and the Cards had to overcome 11 three pointers by the Hornets without Johnson in the lineup. A great win and sets up a huge game Friday at Central. Hats off to the Cards and coach Spurlock, who is back from suspension.
Pages: 1 2