Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 54 - Shelby Valley 42
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Good road win for the Dawgs
Good job Dawgs !!!
Close game for three quarters. Turnovers continue to kill SV. Just like against Betsy Layne the other day SV takes spells where they cannot put the ball in the basket. 14 turnovers, 50 % from the line, and missed bunnies equal losses. Hazard simply outplayed em.
Tough one for the cats... Sounded like a bit of a frustrating games for Valley with all of the turnovers and missed opportunities at the line. They have to learn from this and now concentrate on just the region and play to their strengths as they figure the best way to play consistent offense (other than belter). Great good for the Bulldogs!!
Way to go Dawgs!!
As said above......turnovers turnovers turnovers.....NO offense at all....and as I've said many times....SV's defense is sooooo weak, the inside D is "ok" but no where near good........the dawgs missed a lot of opportunities also but played better D......something better changed for Valley if they want to win district.........enough about that, Congrats to Big Al, I like the way he coaches and Congrats to Hazard.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Tough one for the cats... Sounded like a bit of a frustrating games for Valley with all of the turnovers and missed opportunities at the line. They have to learn from this and now concentrate on just the region and play to their strengths as they figure the best way to play consistent offense (other than belter). Great good for the Bulldogs!!

OK, a couple weeks ago you could have said this. The past few games he has missed so many easy shots and he hasnt rebounded nearly like he should be. I wish someone had the rebounding stats for this game. Hazard dominated several categories. I am starting to worry if Valley even makes it to region this year...
Don't look for a magical run from Shelby Valley this year. Too much stuff going on behind closed doors.
Lleyton21 Wrote:OK, a couple weeks ago you could have said this. The past few games he has missed so many easy shots and he hasnt rebounded nearly like he should be. I wish someone had the rebounding stats for this game. Hazard dominated several categories. I am starting to worry if Valley even makes it to region this year...

I asked one of the team personnel after the game and was told he had 13 rebounds last night (4 offensive and 9 defensive). To me this game was one of Belter's poorer performances of the season as a whole, along with the Phelps game. Hopefully the team will start playing better soon. They are very inconsistent, and turn the ball over way too much.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I asked one of the team personnel after the game and was told he had 13 rebounds last night (4 offensive and 9 defensive). To me this game was one of Belter's poorer performances of the season as a whole, along with the Phelps game. Hopefully the team will start playing better soon. They are very inconsistent, and turn the ball over way too much.

Would not have thought that...well, he must have been the only one rebounding. I agree they have a long way to go if they want to make it to the Expo Center again.
Valley will continue to improve IMO, and will need to if they want to make it out of their district. Good win for Hazard though.
Congrats to the Dawgs!
Good job Coach Holland.