Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: GRC Hires Steve Collins As New Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 254392560-23112959.png]

The search for a new football coach at George Rogers Clark High School is over.
Steve Collins, offensive coordinator at Montgomery County High¿School for the past two seasons, was chosen to succeed Paul Columbia, who was fired after 13 seasons last month. The search committee was comprised of Kris Creteau, Robbie Graham and Dustin Howard, along with Clark principal David Bolen.
“I want to publicly acknowledge and thank the football committee for their dedication and diligence during the interview process,” Bolen said in an e-mail release. “ I am pleased to announce that the committee met (Sunday) and unanimously chose Steven Collins to lead the Cardinal football program. Steven's academic and football background made him a perfect fit for GRC.”
Collins was officially introduced to the team this morning at the school.
“They (the players) are very enthusiastic and excited afterward and ready to go,” Bolen said. “They were pumped up and ready to go out and play when they left the library.”
Before taking over as the Indians’ offensive coodinator, Collins spent five seasons as coach at Grove High¿School and Stockbridge High¿School in McDonough, Ga. He spent 19 years as a teacher, coach and administrator in Georgia.
“I feel like this is the best job in the state of Kentucky,” Collins said. “I’ve spent 22 years as a teacher and coach in Georgia, five of those as a head coach, and this program is top-notch compared to those in Georgia. I'm very familiar with Clark County football and it's exciting to be here and I look forward to working with these young men.”
Collins was a quarterback and receiver at Liberty University.

http://www.centralkynews.com/winchesters...5589.story
Changes at Baseball and Football. Basketball next????
Stardust Wrote:Changes at Baseball and Football. Basketball next????

If GRC basketball continues winning and takes the 10th, then I don't see it happening. Do you think those changes were influenced by the old A.D.'s troubles with stealing money from the school? The 2 coaches they let go were hired by him.