Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Worst/Most Disapointing Pay-Per-View
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the worst/most disapointing Pro Wrestling Pay-Per-View that you have seen or can remember????? Since I haven't watched/followed pro wrestling in over 13 years, my list will be kinda outdated. But garbage is garbage no matter how old it may be.

- Wrestlemania IX at Ceasars Palace. Terrible card all the way around, and even worse of an attempt to bring back Hogan in to the WWF. Like I mentioned in a previous thread, I really believe this was a turning point in the WWF. Just a year before we had an EPIC Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania that could go down as the best back-to-back PPV events in pro wrestling history.
I was mad about Starrcade 97, even though it might have been one of the best. They constantly showed the Sting-Hogan match every week afterwards and the Nash-Giant fight never even happened. However, undercard matches were REALLY good.

I guess I was just disappointed because I hated the Bret Hart-referee thing and that the Nash-Giant fight never happened.
LWC Wrote:I was mad about Starrcade 97, even though it might have been one of the best. They constantly showed the Sting-Hogan match every week afterwards and the Nash-Giant fight never even happened. However, undercard matches were REALLY good.

I guess I was just disappointed because I hated the Bret Hart-referee thing and that the Nash-Giant fight never happened.
If I'm not mistaken, this was the only pro wrestling PPV that made the highlights during ESPN's SportsCenter.
ECW December to Dismember 2006
I don't recall the year, but the NWO PPV in the WCW days was miserable.
I have never gotten a wrestling PPV. In the late 80's or early 90's I did go to a closed circuit NWA event sponsored by the Martin, Ky Historical Society. For $5.00 per closed circuit event or for a lifetime membership of $20.00, which I bought (entitled me to see all future closed circuit events), I saw Road Warrior Hawk wrestle Flair for the title. That was the worst cs event I ever saw. Then again it was the best too because as my luck goes after buying the lifetime membership, they never showed another event.
Stardust Wrote:I don't recall the year, but the NWO PPV in the WCW days was miserable.

nWo Souled Out '97?
^ The line-up was OK, the outcomes and how they got there - Pathetic!
When the WWF started having a PPV every month back in the day, (I think they were call "In Your House") I'm sure they boosted the WWF's bottom line, but it killed the build-ups to the matches. And then it seemed like we had the same main event 7 or 8 times in a year.

Thanks alot Vince.
^ Amen to that. When you had 30 PPV's a year 12 WWF, 12 WCW, 6 ECW), who the heck wanted to watch them anymore.
ECW had a good idea. 1 PPV every two months. 7 weeks to promote matches.
I think my memory is pretty good with this one, below I've listed the big 3's (WWF, WCW, ECW) PPV events from back in the day.
The first WWF "In Your House" event was May 14th, 1995. I would concider that date the end of the era in pro wrestling.

WCW - Superbrawl; The Great American Bash; Fall Brawl; Halloween Havoc; Starrcade.

WWF - Royal Rumble; WrestleManial SummerSlam; Survivor Series.

ECW - Hardcore Heaven; November to Remember; Guilty as Charger
Stardust Wrote:I don't recall the year, but the NWO PPV in the WCW days was miserable.

You're probably thinking of "Souled Out." That always happened in January. Usually (not always, but usually), the good guys would always win at Starrcade, only for the NWO to reclaim their glory at Souled Out.

IMO the worst pay per view event is WCW Uncensored in March of 1996. I believe this was one of Hulk Hogan's last appearances before turning heel. The main event was a cage match in which the cage had about three floors. Hulk Hogan and Macho Man started at the top and had to fight their way down through multiple groups of bad guys...I don't think anybody ever understood the rules. Below is a link to the match...lol.