Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can Owen County play with Buckhorn?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know Owen has the 8th grade phenom Carson Williams who dunks about 5 times a game in Middle School ball playing for Owen County. How good is Carsons older brother? Will Owen have to much size overall for Buckhorn? Can Matt Day drop 50 on Owen County? Just wondering if Buckhorn will blow Owen out, dont really want to drive all the way to Frankfort for a Blowout. Like to see good games. Hope Buckhorn does hammer them though.
Should be a good game...Cantrall ratings only have a .7 difference between them.
Will come down to free throws, Buckhorn hasn't hit them lately very well. Hope they can come through in the clutch. With 8 seniors, they should prevail in this one. 66-59
Owen County has pretty good size. Sawyer Williams is listed at 6'8", and was athletic enough to be a top notch receiver and defensive end for an 11-1 football team. Not sure how tall Justin Shelton is, but I would guess 6'4" or 6'5"? The wing forward, Stone Osborne is around 6'2" or 6'3", and the already mentioned Carson Williams is 6'4". Someone who knows more about the Owen roster can clarify this, though.

As for "play with Buckhorn", I would say this game is probably the most evenly matched first round game according to this week's various rating systems. Litkenhous has Owen Co rated at +0.4, while Cantrell has Buckhorn at +0.3. Owen will hold their own Thursday.
Massey Prediction

Buckhorn 53-50
Good luck to both teams.
Johnny's at it again.
I'd say Owen County will fight Buckhorn tooth and nail.
Don't know a whole lot about them...
but looking at their record and how they've performed this year they are on par or better than Buckhorn.

However, I'll take Buckhorn by 5 Wink
I'd say Buckhorn should win this game but Owen does have a nice 8th grade.
Owen will pull it out with balanced scoring, free throws, and bonus bench play
Buckhorn 59
Owen Co. 55

Good luck Buckhorn!
They will need all the luck they can get against the Williams brothers.
Looks like they could...
Apparently. Gotta be more than just happy to be there.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Buckhorn 59
Owen Co. 55

there is a bright side to your prediction, you were spot on with Owen County scoring 55.
The_Rock Wrote:They will need all the luck they can get against the Williams brothers.

The Williams brothers were tough too handle last night. I love watching them play!
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:I know Owen has the 8th grade phenom Carson Williams who dunks about 5 times a game in Middle School ball playing for Owen County. How good is Carsons older brother? Will Owen have to much size overall for Buckhorn? Can Matt Day drop 50 on Owen County? Just wondering if Buckhorn will blow Owen out, dont really want to drive all the way to Frankfort for a Blowout. Like to see good games. Hope Buckhorn does hammer them though.
Question answered, can Buckhorn compete outside of the 14th????