Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 96 Tigers-08 Tigers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you think Paintsville will be when they all become seniors compared to the Paintsville Tiger team of 96
No comparison.
We'll have to wait and see what happens in 2008!.......The 96 Tigers won a State Championship!
We'll just have to wait and see.  In all honesty, I thought the 97 Tigers were better than the 96 Tigers.  Sure they didn't win a state title, but they did go 33-4, made it to the Final Four and due to a ref(which was suspended by the KHSAA for his calls late in the game), they were defeated in overtime by Highlands.
No way you can compare any team with that team in the mid 90's    08 will be good but you cant make up for 2 6'9'' and a 6'6'' guy.  Landon will be the tallest on the team and MIGHT top out at 6'4''
[quote author=basketballstar link=topic=20466.msg204842#msg204842 date=1141617186]
No comparison.
[/quote]

Have to agree.
Hard to compare mainly because the '96 team had a front court that went 6'10, 6'9 and 6'7.
Don't do this to these young men.  Not fair at all to make this comparison.  Let this class of sophmores enjoy this post season without all the pressure. 
You cannot compare that team with this team.  The talent isn't there.  The 96 team had great guards, tons of size, and had a bench.  That team made it to state I think two years, so it is no comparison.
[quote author=snoop link=topic=20466.msg205053#msg205053 date=1141652539]
You cannot compare that team with this team. The talent isn't there. The 96 team had great guards, tons of size, and had a bench. That team made it to state I think two years, so it is no comparison.
[/quote]

They won the region 95-98 and played in 3 final fours... 2 state finals and won the championship in '96. 
No comparison.  They just won't have the size to compete against the Lexington and Louisville schools, I hope I am wrong.