Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Patriots 23 - Ravens 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final

Ravens miss the Field Goal that would have tied it
How in the hell does he miss that?
^ I'm wondering the same thing
Brady played like shit and Flacco played OK...

Lol but who won?

#LuckOfThePats
Cundiff is the new Ray Finkle.
I feel bad for Billy Cundiff right now.
Tough to see a great game end on a missed field goal. But, it is what it is.
I wanted a Patriots win. But I did not like the ending to that game. I feel like the fans, the players, and anyone involved got cheated out of a fantastic finish.

I really feel bad for Billy Cundiff. He missed it, he flat out missed it! Hold was good. Yardage was perfect, and he just missed it. That is one that will haunt this kid forever and for the Ravens fans, I'm sure there will never ever be forgiveness.

Joe Flacco looked really good at times, but at other times he looked like the guy that Ed Reed was questioning at the beginning of the week. He made some really outstanding passes, especially to his TE Pitta. Then, there were the misses on the long passes to a wide open Smith, the poor throw for an INT that should have ended the game for the Ravens, and then the idiotic pass at the very end of the game that could have even prevented Cundiff from getting a chance to kick for the tie. But all in all, I give Flacco a passing grade on his game and played just as good as Brady.

Brady gets to start for the 5th time in a Super Bowl, cementing his historic career as arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game. But this was not an MVP performance by TB. His fascination with lob passes was so uncharacteristic that I wondered if there was something wrong with his elbow. His pick in the end zone that gave the Ravens the ball back after Flacco had just given the Pats the game was not only a poor decision, but a BAD throw.

Hats off to the Pats D. No one thought the Pats D would play as well as they did. More to credit Wilfork than the whole D, but they did made nice plays at key times.

The Ravens D bent a lot, but they did not always break. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed may have played their last season, or at least their last season as Pro Bowl caliber players. This D is long in the tooth, and I could see whole sale moves in the LB corps over the next 2 seasons.

Pats win, which is what I wanted. But, I feel like I was cheated out of the best game possible out of these two teams.
No excuses from me.
Norfolk made us look stupid all night.
With better O line play, this game shouldnt have been close.
The Patriots were definitely the best team we played this year and will probably win another superbowl.
Brady played awful. Flacco played decent, but it didnt matter.
Sad to see all these old guys miss out on a superbowl because of a kicker who cant kick a chip shot.
What a crappy way to end the game....
Stardust Wrote:I wanted a Patriots win. But I did not like the ending to that game. I feel like the fans, the players, and anyone involved got cheated out of a fantastic finish.

I really feel bad for Billy Cundiff. He missed it, he flat out missed it! Hold was good. Yardage was perfect, and he just missed it. That is one that will haunt this kid forever and for the Ravens fans, I'm sure there will never ever be forgiveness.

Joe Flacco looked really good at times, but at other times he looked like the guy that Ed Reed was questioning at the beginning of the week. He made some really outstanding passes, especially to his TE Pitta. Then, there were the misses on the long passes to a wide open Smith, the poor throw for an INT that should have ended the game for the Ravens, and then the idiotic pass at the very end of the game that could have even prevented Cundiff from getting a chance to kick for the tie. But all in all, I give Flacco a passing grade on his game and played just as good as Brady.

Brady gets to start for the 5th time in a Super Bowl, cementing his historic career as arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game. But this was not an MVP performance by TB. His fascination with lob passes was so uncharacteristic that I wondered if there was something wrong with his elbow. His pick in the end zone that gave the Ravens the ball back after Flacco had just given the Pats the game was not only a poor decision, but a BAD throw.

Hats off to the Pats D. No one thought the Pats D would play as well as they did. More to credit Wilfork than the whole D, but they did made nice plays at key times.

The Ravens D bent a lot, but they did not always break. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed may have played their last season, or at least their last season as Pro Bowl caliber players. This D is long in the tooth, and I could see whole sale moves in the LB corps over the next 2 seasons.

Pats win, which is what I wanted. But, I feel like I was cheated out of the best game possible out of these two teams.

Nicely said, couldnt agree more.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No excuses from me.
Norfolk made us look stupid all night.
With better O line play, this game shouldnt have been close.
The Patriots were definitely the best team we played this year and will probably win another superbowl.
Brady played awful. Flacco played decent, but it didnt matter.
Sad to see all these old guys miss out on a superbowl because of a kicker who cant kick a chip shot.
What a crappy way to end the game....

I am really proud of you RIUTG, this is a great post. You, as a Ravens fan deserved more from this game:Thumbs:
Soundbites from trophy presentation
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-engla...esentation

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Former Patriots quarterback Drew Bledsoe presented the Lamar Hunt trophy to Patriots owner Robert Kraft following their 23-20 win over the Ravens in Sunday's AFC Championship. Bledsoe embraced Kraft with a kiss, before Kraft held the trophy up to the fans. Here's what followed:

Patriots owner Robert Kraft: "Well I want to congratulate these great players and the coaches. They're amazing team, they're a great brotherhood, they're a family, and just like all of you out in this stadium, you're part of our family, all of you, and all the people watching on television who are Pats fans, you're part of our family. Thank you for the support you've given us this emotional year."

Head coach Bill Belichick: "Well it's awesome. You just got give all the credit to players. These guys fought all year, and just like today it wasn't always perfect, but they fought until the final gun, and we came out on top. This is fifteen of them. So you got to give the players all the credit, they're the ones that won it today."

Quarterback Tom Brady: "Well, I sucked pretty bad today, but our defense saved us. I'm going to try and go out and do a better job in a couple weeks. But I'm proud of my teammates. You fans were unbelievable today, you're the 12th man, we needed it. We're going to try and go out and kick some butt in a few weeks."

Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: "I think tonight was a big night for all of us. The fans, the organization, the coaches, the players. Everyone. It was a big, big night for us. We knew we had to come out here and play some good football to beat a good Ravens football team, and we did."
Hahahahahahhahaah what now Mr. Troll RITUG???

In all seriousness, this was a good game that could have been better. Billy Cundiff's missed field goal reminded me of the easy one Gary Anderson missed for the Vikings when they played the Falcons in the playoffs after their 15-1 season in which he did not miss a field goal all year. Felt bad for the guy. That has to suck. I like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and all those guys, hate to see their season end like that. Can't stand Brady, but he does know how to win.
[YOUTUBE="Tom Brady"]gkkUGueC44Y[/YOUTUBE]
This is horseshit! Thanks alot Billy Cundiff...
^ LOL, now that is EXACTLY what I expected from RIUTG
Haha, RIUTG.. This is what happens when you do nothing but down everyone else's team. Your team chocked!!!!
^ LOL, I knew this had to come at some point as well.
lol Dusty, had to take his place for him.
Patriots are back in the SB!
Brady has been a starting NFL QB for 10 years, this will be his 5th SB appearance(man, I don't blame ppl for hating the Patriots! haha). He admitted he played awful today, but he didn't make the big mistake that cost his team, and he had the key TD to win it. He did what he had to do. What he's always done. That's why he's an All Time Great.
I don't like seeing a game end like that, but I'm not gonna complain Wink
^ This may be his first OFFICIAL Superbowl.
Spud6 Wrote:Haha, RIUTG.. This is what happens when you do nothing but down everyone else's team. Your team chocked!!!!

My kicker choked.
I know what type of player im drafting in my BGR draft :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:I am really proud of you RIUTG, this is a great post. You, as a Ravens fan deserved more from this game:Thumbs:

I have been humbled.
As you said, its just a sad way to end a game of this magnitude.
I cant really complain about the playoffs though as the NFC championship game is in overtime and the AFC game should have been.
Two great confernce championship games, i just wish mine didnt have to end like that.
WideRight05 Wrote:Hahahahahahhahaah what now Mr. Troll RITUG???

In all seriousness, this was a good game that could have been better. Billy Cundiff's missed field goal reminded me of the easy one Gary Anderson missed for the Vikings when they played the Falcons in the playoffs after their 15-1 season in which he did not miss a field goal all year. Felt bad for the guy. That has to suck. I like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and all those guys, hate to see their season end like that. Can't stand Brady, but he does know how to win.

Billy Cundiff will not be referred to as Billy Buckner
Good Game. Let go pats! Confusedinglepar
IF the Ravens had not won the 2000 Super Bowl, Cundiff might have got death threats from Ray Lewis, lol.

I hate that the pressure will be off of Joe Flacco because of the kicker though. He is too much fun to rag on.
Stardust Wrote:[Image: bos_ag_patswarts_614.jpg]

This is a great picture.
^
Everyone knows im not a fan of tebow and this is one of the reasons why.
People saying a rookie qb finds a way to win have no clue.

This guy (Brady) finds a way to win.
With another superbowl win in 2 weeks, i will have to change my opinion and say Brady is the best QB of all time.
The guy FINDS A WAY TO WIN, even on an off night. However for anyone to say he hasnt had defensive help is absurd.
This guy would have found a way to lose tonight, had it not been for the spectacular defensive line play of the pats.
Pages: 1 2