Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 5A District 7 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What about this district for 2012? Southwestern will lose alot to graduation so who will be the top teams in this district? Pulaski Co. has some good young talent coming up. North Laurel and South Laurel both return alot. Lincoln Co returns some talent also. Thoughts???
South laurel will be the frontrunner for this distric this season they are returning alot of players from last year including their quarterback two starting receivers theirrunningback some really good young players and the Mitchell kid should be an a real fun team to watch:thatsfunn
I also believe that South Laurel will be the front runner because they return a lot of starters from a team that went 3-2 in the district.
South Laurel will not be the front runner. You have to prove something first.
They have been horrible over the last 3 years.

Pulaski County should win the district.

North and South will be in the hunt, but its PC's to lose.
You all can laugh at me all you want, but, I think that Madison Southern, who is in their second year with the current head coach, may make some noise. I wouldn't overlook them as they only lost four or five seniors from last year of which I hear only two played regularly. They have a second year coaching staff that looks pretty competent and competitive, they have a lot of new excitement building around them with the new coaching staff, new facilities and possibly a new way of thinking when it comes to being competitive in game situations. We'll see if they can get off the bottom of the pile and move their way up in the district. They actually gave Southwestern more of a tussle last year than was expected of them and I believe they beat North Laurel. There is NO reason why this team can't make some noise this next year, if the boys there change their mindsets from what they have been when the chips are down in game situations. They just have to decide, rather than liking to win, that they hate to lose. Good luck to them this next season.
^
I wouldnt be surprised to see Madison Southern finish runner up behind PC.
it wont be south laurel they wont win anything until they learn how to play defense that has been their problem foreverpoor tackling and bad coaching for last fours
and btw they finished three and two in a district that was as bad as it has been in ten years cards fans cant predict what you want predict what it really is cant play 1a schools all the time any team they play that can run the ball or play any d at all will beat them they have no ball control at all
This is a dist I know pretty good, I have talked to every coach but Madison Southern. I think the Pulaski schools are in good shape and have better athletes than the other schools and will probably finish 1-2. SL has a good qb and wrs, Lincoln has speed but small, NL I think was young and somewhat athletic, Madison Southern was young from what I hear. I still feel from talking to Pulaski fans,they will be the team to beat.
Southwestern lost a lot of good players and their whole coaching staff except for the head coach. He did a great job keeping the team together but he's only an okay coach. Since they replaced his staff with little league and middle school coaches I don't expect Southwestern's young players to develop like you might expect. Pulaski has definite quarterback issues and has a matador defense. This district it up for grabs.
^
Why did they replace all of the coaches norm?

seems like at most schools, the head coach has the right to hire and fire his assistants.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Why did they replace all of the coaches norm?

seems like at most schools, the head coach has the right to hire and fire his assistants.

This is just my opinion but I think that a lot of this was planned when Coach Stephens was brought on board as an assistant. He was brought in as a head coach in waiting type thing and the Anderson controversy just made it happen during the year instead of after. I think they wanted a clean break with the Anderson staff and a fresh start.
This is a post I had in another thread regarding Class 5A District 7.

Southwestern: The Warriors lose a very-talented 13-player senior class that brought the program its first-ever regional title. However, the program is going through a lot of changes with the firing of asst. coaches, so it will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Pulaski County: The Maroons will have a better season in 2012. They will be led by RB Tyler Goins, who did well in his first season playing high school football. With a talented freshman class on the squad, things look bright for Johnny Hines.

Madison Southern: The Eagles are my pick to win the district in 2012. They have the offensive weapons to get the job done. With the addition of former SW defensive coordinator Jim Girdler, look for that to give the Eagles an inside edge to win the district.

Lincoln County: Mike Settles and the Patriots lose their go-to player in RB Deon Shannon.

South Laurel: The Cardinals will be much better this season, led by QB Tyler Dethridge. He had an impressive season last fall, but expect him to be even better in 2012. The future looks bright for him at the QB position.

North Laurel: I don't really know much about the Jaguars, but after only 3 wins last fall, the only way to go is up.

This season, the district will be weak and will be up for grabs by all of the teams in it.
Norm Peterson Wrote:This is just my opinion but I think that a lot of this was planned when Coach Stephens was brought on board as an assistant. He was brought in as a head coach in waiting type thing and the Anderson controversy just made it happen during the year instead of after. I think they wanted a clean break with the Anderson staff and a fresh start.

That's pretty much the idea. SW wants to clean house.
Norm Peterson Wrote:This is just my opinion but I think that a lot of this was planned when Coach Stephens was brought on board as an assistant. He was brought in as a head coach in waiting type thing and the Anderson controversy just made it happen during the year instead of after. I think they wanted a clean break with the Anderson staff and a fresh start.

I see...
I think that this year the district is somewhat up for grabs with Pulaski at the top of the pile but, I have to say, the other teams in this district better take advantage this upcoming season because with this class of freshman coming in this year, Pulaski Co is going to be the favorite in this district for several years!
How did the schools at the weight meet do yesterday, I heard there were a lot there.
West 80 Wrote:How did the schools at the weight meet do yesterday, I heard there were a lot there.

Harlan County 100 points. GOLD
North Laurel 63 points. SILVER
Clay County 33 points. BRONZE

Hyde from Clay got biggest bench award, 425 I think
Whitehead from Harlan Co. Got biggest power clean with 300
Yeary from Estill Co got pound for pound trophy

Schools there were:

Southwestern
Somerset
Pulaski Co.
East Jessamine
Garrard Co.
Casey Co.
Madison Southern
South Laurel
North Laurel
Clay Co.
Harlan Co.
Harlan Ind.
Estill Co.
Mercer Co.
Lynn Camp
Pineville
Jackson Co.

I think it was close to around 500 lifters.
3wishes Wrote:Harlan County 100 points. GOLD

Schools there were:

Southwestern
Somerset
Pulaski Co.
East Jessamine
Garrard Co.
Casey Co.
Madison Southern
South Laurel
North Laurel
Clay Co.
Harlan Co.
Harlan Ind.
Estill Co.
Mercer Co.
Lynn Camp
Pineville
Jackson Co.

Thanks, any idea on what places each team was
Any idea on what each team placed in the meet
Sout Laurel got better once they lost the 2010 it hurt losing brett binder logan adams, brandon lee, and tyler vaughn but Jordan "BUB" Elliot really hurted south laurel higshchool class of 2010 and his cocky dad who thought his son was just the stuff when all he did was complain Oh BUB AND SCOTT the Crip SON AND DAD!!!!!!!!!
Cardinal Football Wrote:Sout Laurel got better once they lost the 2010 it hurt losing brett binder logan adams, brandon lee, and tyler vaughn but Jordan "BUB" Elliot really hurted south laurel higshchool class of 2010 and his cocky dad who thought his son was just the stuff when all he did was complain Oh BUB AND SCOTT the Crip SON AND DAD!!!!!!!!!

the last part is so funny but true:biglmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:South Laurel will not be the front runner. You have to prove something first.
They have been horrible over the last 3 years.

Pulaski County should win the district.

North and South will be in the hunt, but its PC's to lose.

last years team was way different team than the past couple of years and this years team will be alot better. calm down set back and watch and we will talk about this in october and by the way how many people siad they would not be any good this past season and look at what they did they won more games than the previous two years combined i think that is a step in the right direction:Thumbs:
This district is up for grabs this season. Pulaski Co will be good. I still think Madison Southern will be a year away. South Laurel will be much better than you think, they return alot of speed. North Laurel will return Blair and Nelson among others, but like Southern, I think they are a year away.
if you are gonna talk about somebody like that first thing tell who u r second thing learn how to talk and spell u illiterate freak
cardinal fan u r a joke just like the rest once again jealousy rears its ugly head you have showed the reason why south will never win anything always running their mouth instead of worrying about always worrying about somebody else i dont know who u r but u dont need to be on here running your mouth if u have a problem with me or my son get off a message board and call me and we can solve the problem
3wishes Wrote:Harlan County 100 points. GOLD

Schools there were:

Southwestern
Somerset
Pulaski Co.
East Jessamine
Garrard Co.
Casey Co.
Madison Southern
South Laurel
North Laurel
Clay Co.
Harlan Co.
Harlan Ind.
Estill Co.
Mercer Co.
Lynn Camp
Pineville
Jackson Co.

Where was this?
Was it the annual Lynn Camp meet?
dogface34 Wrote:if you are gonna talk about somebody like that first thing tell who u r second thing learn how to talk and spell u illiterate freak
Pot, meet kettle! HAHAHA! Ever heard of capitalization, commas, periods? And YOU call someone illiterate? That's funny right there. :lmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Where was this?
Was it the annual Lynn Camp meet?

North Laurel
HDE Wrote:North Laurel

Thanks HDE.
I hadnt hear of anything but i know Whitley tries to go to a couple every year. They use to go to the LC one every year, but they may have quit it.
Seems like that was a great turnout for a weightlifting meet.
Pages: 1 2 3