Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Yuri Wright, Top Football Recruit, Expelled From Don Bosco Prep Over Tweets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By all accounts, Yuri Wright had a very bright future ahead him due to his prowess on the football field. The cornerback at New Jersey football powerhouse Don Bosco Prep was rated by Rivals.com as one of the top 100 prospects in the nation and had dozens of scholarship offers from coast to coast.

Now, as a result of a slew of sexually explicit and racially charged tweets, Wright is going to need to search for a new place to finish high school.

According to ESPN.com, Wright has been expelled from Don Bosco as a result of a series of tweets he made, which were reportedly ongoing between July and January of this year, that were deemed offensive.

Click Here to read a compilation of some of Wright's tweets.

Wright has since deleted his account, but several outlets have reported that Michigan, one of his finalists, has pulled their offer in the wake of the expulsion.

"He's a good kid and I think he has a bright college future and I wish him the best of luck," Don Bosco coach Greg Toal told The Star-Ledger in New Jersey. :There is no question Don Bosco had to do what it had to do."

There are plenty of instances of athletes getting in hot water over questionable tweets, just ask Gilbert Arenas. Given that this type of incident is all too common, by now one would imagine that even a high schooler would know better than to put such racy messages in the public sphere, but regardless, do you feel the punishment of expulsion fit the crime in this case?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/21...ref=sports
Wow I thought I had a filthy mouth, this kid takes it to a new level. I wonder if they still would have expelled him if they weren't done with him on the field.
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Obviously, you can't just say stuff like that, especially at that age, but some of these tweets are pretty funny.

"I'm a marry me a bad a** white woman someday" :lmao:
For anyone who read the tweets on the page dusty provided, its disgusting.
You grow up like you were raised and apparently his parent failed him.

His tweets are nothing but throwing the n word around and talking about getting laid.
Im going to assum that he either has 12 STD's or he is a virgin.

I dont see any of the well educated Trinity players talking like this.
^Or 12 kids.

A foul mouthed Catholic from New Jersey? Color me shocked. Confusednicker:
I don't see what the big deal is. Just a 18 year old acting like an 18 year old. He didn't do anything so bad. He just needs to learn how to speak english instead of that getto shuck and jive. I taught he be funny 2! yo! Confusednicker:
^
I know some 18 year old kids talk like that around there friends, but ive personally never seen one kid thats 17-18 years old around here publicly talk in 50 tweets about how they needs F'd.
Sounds like a typical 18 year old male to me. The problem is that instead of leaving this as conversations amonst his buddies, he made it public. That's his wrond doing for sure.

He and Will Hill who played at Florida (google his tweets) must hang out.