Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owsley County @ Powell County 1/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Huge District Game

Owsley defeated Powell 58-51 earlier in the year in Booneville

Estill needs Powell to beat Owsley. If Powell beats Owsley and Estill wins out the rest of the District then Estill will have the 1 Seed in the District Tournament, If Owsley beats Powell then Estill has to beat Owsley by 16+ when the Lady Owls come to Irvine.

Owsley has to beat Powell and either beat Estill or lose to Estill less than 16 and the Number 1 Seed is there's.

Go Lady Pirates!!!
Good luck Lady Pirates. Play smart and play as a team and the game is yours.
The Lady Owls are in the All A state tournament Wednesday in Frankfort. I hope that doesn't distract them from this important district game.
for those who can't make the trip, this game can be heard on http://www.wskvfm.com (Click on listen live on the left hand side of the screen on your computer) or if your not at home it can be heard on 104.9 fm. I will also be keeping the updates on BGR
Powell by 15
PC by 3
Aldric Perfidus Wrote:Powell by 15
Owsley may get beat, but I can't see it by 15 points.

In my opinion it is a toss up game, and if Powell can't find a way to stop, or slow down, Peyton Wright (she's averaging 27 ppg, 3rd best in the state) then the advantage goes to Owsley. If Wright is in form and the other girls continue to play like they have been of late, Owsley will win this game by around 5 points.
LOOKAYANNER, you have any updates from Stanton? I was gonna listen to it on the radio but I guess they decided not to have it and that's strange, they usually do all of Powell County's Games both boys and girls
Strikeout King Wrote:LOOKAYANNER, you have any updates from Stanton? I was gonna listen to it on the radio but I guess they decided not to have it and that's strange, they usually do all of Powell County's Games both boys and girls
No, I couldn't make it tonight. I tried to get it on radio too, with no luck. They usually always carry district games.
That's really weird unless they couldn't carry tonight's game because of scheduled programming. I do know there carrying the Powell @ Estill Game Thursday
Final score. Owsley County 66 Powell County 59
Owsley County won 66-59. Big road win for the Lady Owls.