Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central BEST team in the mountains!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After watching many games this year it has become clear to me that PCC is the best team in the mountains. They will win the 14th easily and possibly win a few at state.
Agreed.
brinkley Wrote:After watching many games this year it has become clear to me that PCC is the best team in the mountains. They will win the 14th easily and possibly win a few at state.

Perry still my pick to win the region but all these easily and hands down stuff is a little too much. I know a lot of people on here love Perry but Knott still ain't a bad team.
brinkley Wrote:After watching many games this year it has become clear to me that PCC is the best team in the mountains. They will win the 14th easily and possibly win a few at state.

Nothing comes easy..Knott will give them a good game
Kcc and pcc are both very good teams. The reason I like pcc is because cornett. He man handled stewart tonite and fraley tuesday nite. Johnson from lcc is a great defender and made it really hard on paige, not sure kcc has anyone that can do that. Not sure if kcc has anyone that can guard cornett or paige, that could mean trouble for them. Beverly gonna get his 15 to 18pts and 7 or 8assist. Just not sure how kcc can defend the post. Should b a great game though.
Makes the whole 'region' thing pretty crappy, because I'm sure either Knott or Perry could win alot of regions but only one goes to state.
I agree with this post whole heartedly! Cornett is the best big man in the mountains, and he is the difference maker for them in the end. There is nobody in the 14th region or the eastern half of the state that can match PCC's athleticism position by position. Not that I have seen anyway!
Does PCC have anyone that can stop Justice is the question? I think Knott is pretty athletic. Their freshmen are around 16 years old. Not really that young. Not sure if Simon stayed back, he may be the youngest. The KCC freshmen are big and know how to play the game. Perry is the favorite though. If big Dalton comes ready to play, they will wear KCC out. If he comes in playing soft, could be a different story. Not real sure KCC has the defense to hold Braxton and Jaysean either. When you have Jaysean and Braxton shut down, thats when Trevor The Dagger Combs lights you up. Perry has a lot of weapons.
warmachine Wrote:Does PCC have anyone that can stop Justice is the question? I think Knott is pretty athletic. Their freshmen are around 16 years old. Not really that young. Not sure if Simon stayed back, he may be the youngest. The KCC freshmen are big and know how to play the game. Perry is the favorite though. If big Dalton comes ready to play, they will wear KCC out. If he comes in playing soft, could be a different story. Not real sure KCC has the defense to hold Braxton and Jaysean either. When you have Jaysean and Braxton shut down, thats when Trevor The Dagger Combs lights you up. Perry has a lot of weapons.

Not True!
I gotta go with Riverside.
The interesting thing is due to the fact that the district won't seed and must draw, Perry may not even make it out of their district. I wouldn't ever count out Al Holland or Matt Day. And when/if they do..they will travel to the Morton Combs Athletic Complex. Perry is good..probably great, but don't count out Knott.

P.S. Camron Justice just turned 15... Chance nor Simon have either been held back....
warmachine Wrote:Does PCC have anyone that can stop Justice is the question? I think Knott is pretty athletic. Their freshmen are around 16 years old. Not really that young. Not sure if Simon stayed back, he may be the youngest. The KCC freshmen are big and know how to play the game. Perry is the favorite though. If big Dalton comes ready to play, they will wear KCC out. If he comes in playing soft, could be a different story. Not real sure KCC has the defense to hold Braxton and Jaysean either. When you have Jaysean and Braxton shut down, thats when Trevor The Dagger Combs lights you up. Perry has a lot of weapons.

Only freshman they have that is older than they should be is evan hall,atleast out of the ones that get pt
The age of Knott's freshmen doesn't make any difference to me...
however, it seems like a touchy subject lol
I figured they were all holdbacks. I know Simon and I know he hasnt. Wasnt sure about Cornett. I think they are all fine players so I hope nobody gets upset. Everyone stays back these days just about it. Dont really matter.
Cornett is a holdback and christian started school late. Hall is a holdback and justice is a true freshman. Most kids stay back these days and it really not a big deal at all. The scouts could care less what u r as long as you can play. Either way, kcc has a great group of freshman that can play. Gonna b a tuff team the next few yrs.
HeGotGame Wrote:The interesting thing is due to the fact that the district won't seed and must draw, Perry may not even make it out of their district. I wouldn't ever count out Al Holland or Matt Day. And when/if they do..they will travel to the Morton Combs Athletic Complex. Perry is good..probably great, but don't count out Knott.

P.S. Camron Justice just turned 15... Chance nor Simon have either been held back....

Actually he is only 14
There both GREAT TEAMS. We won't know who's better until Feb. 9th PCC @ KCC. Beverly vs. Justice.
Strikeout King Wrote:There both GREAT TEAMS. We won't know who's better until Feb. 9th PCC @ KCC. Beverly vs. Justice.

This may be the most hyped up game we have had in quite some time!

My bad about Justice's age..I thought someone mentioned he had turned 15 between playing in Lexington and the WYMT.

I don't think anything is wrong with holding your child back...I definitely would.
Their regular season match up and potential post season match up being at Knott is huge. Very hard to win there. Unlike most teams with a home court advantage that get the 50/50 calls, it's more like 70/30 there. Perry will be down 10-15 points before the game even starts.
Aslan Wrote:Their regular season match up and potential post season match up being at Knott is huge. Very hard to win there. Unlike most teams with a home court advantage that get the 50/50 calls, it's more like 70/30 there. Perry will be down 10-15 points before the game even starts.

>implying that doesn't happen every time someone plays at Perry
Great guard play for both KCC & PCC. I'll give the edge to Perry for best team at this point.
I guess when PCC goes on the road at Sheldon Clark and bring refs from the 14th region its different. I seen games at PCC and the game is over before it starts because of all the call they get.
All PCC has to do is put Paige on Justice. He will contain him. Someone answer this for me. Who on KCCs team can stop Cornett? NO ONE. Knott has no presence in the paint. Stewart from LCC killed knott.

P.S. I am not a PCC fan. In fact, I hate PCC! I am just posting my thoughts about basketball in the mountains. ~Go COUGARS!
The only game that will matter is the one in March, if they end up playing each other. Like someone mentioned earlier, I want to see one of these 2 teams win a couple games at state. It's been since 1986 when the 14th region last had a team in the final four Saturday morning. Good luck to both teams.
No, KCC is in the 14th. So PCC is the 2nd best team.
I'll decide who the best in the Mountains is after PCC and KCC plays...not until then though, of course.
vundy33 Wrote:I'll decide who the best in the Mountains is after PCC and KCC plays...not until then though, of course.

Exactly.....and as for Cornett being the best big man in the mountains...You can't say that either with guys like Matt Day of the Horn and Shane Hall from JC....those guys are unstoppable at times....
Aslan Wrote:Their regular season match up and potential post season match up being at Knott is huge. Very hard to win there. Unlike most teams with a home court advantage that get the 50/50 calls, it's more like 70/30 there. Perry will be down 10-15 points before the game even starts.

Disagree. I'd rather play there than at Perry.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:The only game that will matter is the one in March, if they end up playing each other. Like someone mentioned earlier, I want to see one of these 2 teams win a couple games at state. It's been since 1986 when the 14th region last had a team in the final four Saturday morning. Good luck to both teams.

:Thumbs:

I really hope this game gets snowed out, I would like them to only play one time, and that is the time that it matters, semis or finals of the regional tourney. Simply because the bolded above is true, especially if the bald headed bandit Cook is calling the game. Been Knotts ace in the hole for a long time. Just would like to see them play with neutral refs in the region and see what happens. Should be a dandy though, can't wait!
Pages: 1 2