Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Anthony Hickey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else think Kentucky should have showed a little more interest in him? He was Mr. Basketball in Kentucky last year and he is playing very well at LSU. He would have definitely strengthened UK's rotation this year.
^Would he have come to sit?
^ Probably. He Starts at LSU. All in All LSU was probably the smart choice (Unless he wanted to come off the bench)
All I know is I love him and he is the only reason I try to watch LSU when they are on TV.
UK should have made a better effort to grab him. But, perhaps he didn't want to come off the bench. Either way he is doing work at LSU.
He could've help Louisville out a bunch!
^ Yes...

or been a good back up for Teague
Strikeout King Wrote:^ Probably. He Starts at LSU. All in All LSU was probably the smart choice (Unless he wanted to come off the bench)

Kentucky could use a backup PG. I am not saying he would start I am just saying he has impressed me at LSU and I would not mind having him at UK.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Anyone else think Kentucky should have showed a little more interest in him? He was Mr. Basketball in Kentucky last year and he is playing very well at LSU. He would have definitely strengthened UK's rotation this year.

Great that the kid is being so successful at LSU. But COME ON.
Based on what he showed in h.s., there was little reason to
think he'd make a significant player at a big time D-1 school.
He was all hustle for sure, but he was small, not particularly
adept as a ballhandler, not a good looking shooter, and just
really seemed to be one of those kids that were a top h.s.
player because of physical ability, not basketball ability. He has
made HUGE strides coming in to college.

But even now, he couldn't get a sniff of playing time at UK.
Been following this kid since hewas a sophmore in HS.... He can play the game... and is developing into a nice player for the tigers
He definitely would be an upgrade over Twanny Beckham.
irishcatfan81 Wrote:He definitely would be an upgrade over Twanny Beckham.

Agreed