Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Report: Browns want to trade up to draft Robert Griffin III
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There will be two coveted quarterbacks in April's NFL draft: Andrew Luck of Stanford, and then, the perhaps slightly less-coveted Robert Griffin III of Baylor.

Luck will most likely be drafted first by the Colts, leaving the Rams picking second but without (arguably, I suppose) need of a quarterback. So a trade makes sense, and Steve Wyche of NFL.com believes it'll be the Browns jumping up to take RGIII. Here's what he wrote in his first mock draft:
[INDENT]Several teams are going to try and move up to get Griffin but the Browns have the most ammo -- the fourth overall pick and a late first-rounder or high picks in later rounds. Cleveland needs Griffin -- and wants him, according to league sources -- and the Rams will still get their man.
[/INDENT] That man, in Wyche's projection, would be Justin Blackmon, wide receiver out of Oklahoma State. But let's stick with the quarterbacks.

The question of need between these two teams is an interesting one. McCoy and Bradford were both drafted in 2010, and McCoy's coming off a season that was, at least statistically, better than Bradford's. Look:

[Image: McCoy-Bradford-Comparison.png]

I'm not trying to shove Sam Bradford into the woodchipper, but I'm not sure that the Browns have a huge hole at quarterback that the Rams don't. These stats aren't the end-all, be-all, obviously, and Bradford had a lot to deal with this season: a new offensive coordinator, injuries, lack of depth at receiver, etc.

But it's not like McCoy's been injury-free and surrounded by the '87 49ers, either.

I don't know the right answer ‒ the question is interesting, though. The Rams want to go get help for Sam Bradford, while the Browns want to move on from McCoy, but is there any reason for it aside from draft pedigree? Bradford was taken 1st overall, while McCoy was taken 85th.

Both teams have a lot of holes to fill all over the field, and, if they so choose, at the quarterback position, too. The direction they go in the upcoming draft will be pivotal for both franchises.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...09957.html
A #1 overall pick will get more time anywhere than an #85 QB. Sad but true.
I would hate to see RGIII go to Cleveland... Cleveland ends QB's careers before they even get started..
How can Cleveland be so bad every year?
That city is just a huge black hole for sports.
Not a good move by the Browns. But I have repeated that statement many times over the past 10 years....
Is Matt Millen running this team?
Meh, Cleveland should draft Trent Richardson instead.

Sign Matt Flynn.

#Winning
I really do not like the Browns, with that being said they better get some offensive linemen to protect the quarterback and open up some holes for the running game.
NothingTrivial Wrote:Is Matt Millen running this team?

Can't you tell, this is the new "Detroit"!
Looking that way. Im with JRod on this one, Go after Richardson and Flynn. I could see Flynn giving Oakland and Miami some interest though.
After the heap of draft picks given up for Carson Palmer, he'll likely be Oakland's QB for the next year or 2.

Flynn's best options would probably be Cleveland, Miami or Washington.
Id take cleveland and washington off that. They arent a good option for anyone. Dont forget though, Oakland has a new gm who came right in and got rid of jackson. Dont forget where came from either.
Yes I'm well aware, I watched his press conference and he said he liked Carson.

That was pretty much how I took it that he'd likely be back.
That's the last thing RG3 wants to hear lol
^Agreed.
I think RG3 is the best QB in the draft and I'd take him #1.
He has the "it" factor, that Luck don't have.
It'd be cool to see him turn around the Browns, if that's even possibly.