Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 49 Shelby Valley 44 (15th Region All "A" Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats Bobcats.
Game lived up to expectations. It was obvious which was the best "team" from the beginning. Valley was able to keep it within 5 or so in the first quarter but what took the momentum and put the Wildcats in such an early hole was the 14 point lead that the Bobcats kept for most of the second period. Personally I think that Valley won the second half and had more energy but by the time they had crawled back to within one point they had no more to give. Multiple missed bunny shots and layups plagued their finale to the comeback and allowed for a 8 point lead to suffice for BL to hold them off in the last couple mintutes.

The Bobcats were faster and seemed to get more of those "all important" 50-50 balls that can shift momentum either way. They should and will be one of the top 3 teams in the region. As for Valley, I can say that I was really proud of their effort and how far they are starting to come. As soon as they can get the right consistency from the multiple freshmen: Richardson, Newsome, Maldanado, and Hamilton- they will be fine! But as of right now, they still take their growing pains in spurts.

Congrats Bobcats and their fans!! Represent us well downstate!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Game lived up to expectations. It was obvious which was the best "team" from the beginning. Valley was able to keep it within 5 or so in the first quarter but what took the momentum and put the Wildcats in such an early hole was the 14 point lead that the Bobcats kept for most of the second period. Personally I think that Valley won the second half and had more energy but by the time they had crawled back to within one point they had no more to give. Multiple missed bunny shots and layups plagued their finale to the comeback and allowed for a 8 point lead to suffice for BL to hold them off in the last couple mintutes.

The Bobcats were faster and seemed to get more of those "all important" 50-50 balls that can shift momentum either way. They should and will be one of the top 3 teams in the region. As for Valley, I can say that I was really proud of their effort and how far they are starting to come. As soon as they can get the right consistency from the multiple freshmen: Richardson, Newsome, Maldanado, and Hamilton- they will be fine! But as of right now, they still take their growing pains in spurts.

Congrats Bobcats and their fans!! Represent us well downstate!

well, i posted this on the other thread too, but is he back? I thought he quit the team...
1/16/2012
Betsy Layne 49
Shelby Valley 44
Betsy Layne 13 13 8 15 49
Shelby Valley 10 4 15 15 44
15th Region All "A" Classic at East Ky. Expo Center in Pikeville
Betsy Layne (12-2) -- Roberts 5, Spencer 2, Newsome 7, Meade 20, Case 11, Luster 2, Daniels 3.
Shelby Valley (9-6) -- Lucas 6, Bentley 7, Richardson 7, Belter 18, Newsome 6.
Betsy Layne out hustles everybody they play..
Big time win. Congrats Bobcats!
All a championship! Without 2starters, that's amazing. I was impressed with Roberts. A true leader, points don't show what this kid is doing. Meade shot lights out, case took the ball to the hoop aggressive, and Spencer gets better each game.
Congrats bobcats, u make the community proud. Football team had a great season and add a regional championship to boys basketball, now that's awesome.
Lleyton21 Wrote:well, i posted this on the other thread too, but is he back? I thought he quit the team...

He is on the official roster on the KHSAA website, but we all know how creditable that thing is sometimes.
Sounds like it was a good game! Glad to see that the defending champs made it into the tournament!

Congrats Bobcats!!
What Region did the 15th draw?
McCameraMan Wrote:What Region did the 15th draw?

The 1st Region
Valley's rebounded wasn't there at all, and thats awful with the size they have down low......and on scoring, Belter is the only player that puts points up.....I think the coaching staff needs to have a player like Dalton attack the basket instead of slowing the ball down...chances are he would get fouled.
Congrats to BL. There speed was just to much for SV. Looked like they where going to run away with it early, but SV came out swinging in the 3rd quarter. Kudos to Valley for not laying down. As someone else stated earlier this BL team is missing both there big men down low right now. When these two return look out. BL will be the team to beat come tournament time in the 15th.
Great win for Betsy Layne. Hope to see another All "A" state championship brought back to eastern Kentucky! Good luck Bobcats!
Maldanado is gone....Such a shame he was a bright young player for that SV squad
^^ what happend to him
Went to BL....Loved his teachers....Didn't like the way things were ran.....this came from a parent of another kid so I don't that to be 100 %
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:Maldanado is gone....Such a shame he was a bright young player for that SV squad

Don't know if this is the best choice for him, BL is playing favorites also, or shall I same family members! LOL!! Back on topic, when did he move? Was he even getting to play at Valley?