Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cubs adding 70-foot LED scoreboard at Wrigley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We're in a time when HD scoreboards the size of an aircraft carrier barely registers a shrug, but make a change at Wrigley Field? That's news.

It's not as if the Cubs are doing anything revolutionary, they're just doing it at Wrigley, adding an LED scoreboard in right field that will be able to display player pictures and statistics -- by computer, not by hand.

The 70-foot LED board will be built in right field in an attempt to make Wrigley's own Green Monster seats in a party deck section that groups can rent out for as many as 150 people. The area had been premier box seats.

I love Wrigley Field and enjoy watching games there as much as the next guy, but there's certainly room for moves like this to allow Cub fans to enjoy games at their park just like fans at the game's other 29 stadiums. Wrigley Field is different, but it's not a museum, it's a ballpark and ballparks evolve over time -- although some at a slower rate than others.

http://eye-on-baseball.blogs.cbssports.c...2/34384178
I want to say I hate the idea. But I can live with it as long as the main scoreboard is to stay.

I just hate after all these years, why now? Like the Under Armour on the wall. Wrigley is perfect the way it is. I see no need for doing this. It won't be the same Wrigley I went to as a kid the next time I am lucky enough to go.
^ It absolutely is taking away the mystique of the stadium
^Agreed.
I think this is a good thing, not that I am a Cubbie fan.