Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Michael Brooks, Linebacker/Collins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The 6-foot, 215-pound Brooks wasn’t very well known statewide until this season.

Brooks had 214 tackles, including 98 solos and 27 for losses, and had several games with 20-plus tackles including 27 (15 solos) in a loss to Class 6-A Eastern.

“He’s just one of those kids that has a nose for the football. It was fun to watch,” Collins coach Jerry Lucas said. “He’s the first kid that I have ever seen after a game that the opposing coaching staff would come over and talk to him. He’s the best tackler I’ve ever seen.”

Brooks helped Collins, a second-year school, to a 22-5 record in his final two seasons. He had 95 tackles at Shelby County.

As a junior, Brooks had 136 total tackles, including 51 solos and 16 for losses. He’s also collected five interceptions and four fumbles.

Lucas said “every small school in Kentucky has offered,” and noted Western Kentucky and Murray State have shown a lot of interest with Louisville and Kentucky in contact.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...er-Collins
I've heard New Mexico State is now in the mix. I'm sure he'll do great wherever he chooses to go. He is a great kid and a special player.
He and that Patrick kid from Williamsburg are in a zone of their owne I have seen both
both of them they go to the football like a strick of lightin I checked on the stats and
Patrick had 149 tackles and four blocked punts. Was Patrick a Junior or Senior?
blue1424 Wrote:I've heard New Mexico State is now in the mix. I'm sure he'll do great wherever he chooses to go. He is a great kid and a special player.

You know why NMS is interested. Coach Elson that was the DC at FS this year is now the DC at New Mexico State. He was very impressed with Brooks. He was one of the first contacts Elson made.