Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ryan Timmons, Wide receiver/Franklin County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The 5-foot-11, 180-pound Timmons tied Trinity’s James Quick as the top vote-getter on the All-State team.

The all-purpose back ran 62 times for 1,382 yards — 22.3 yards a carry — and 20 touchdowns. He caught 38 passes for 1,100 yards — 28.9 yards a catch – and 18 TDs and made four interceptions.

“The most important thing about Ryan is that he’s a playmaker,” Franklin County coach Chris Tracy said. “We played him a ‘Z’ receiver, which allowed us to motion him into the backfield and either throw it or give him carries as a running back.

“One touch of the ball and it could be a touchdown, which frees up the offense to do so many other things. He’s a special kid.”

Timmons had 28 rushes for 410 yards and 4 TDs and caught 23 passes for 614 yards and 8 TDs as a sophomore.

Timmons already has scholarship offers from Kentucky and Purdue. Tracy said he’s heard from Arkansas, Missouri, Southern California and several others, including Louisville, Western Kentucky, Mississippi State and Nebraska.

“The biggest thing I have heard from the coaches is about his character,” Tracy said. “He’s very humble, a great kid and he understands team things. I think that, plus his abilities, really makes him a special, special kid.”

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...lin-County
Very good athlete, I am glad to see that he is being noticed.
he's one of the best athletes in the state. it's rare to find a player that's effective and dangerous as a receiver AND running back. he's also really good on defense, sees the ball and field very well.
toussaints Wrote:he's one of the best athletes in the state. it's rare to find a player that's effective and dangerous as a receiver AND running back. he's also really good on defense, sees the ball and field very well.

He probably could be good on defense, but neither he or the entire Franklin Co team play any defense. Do they even practice defense at Franklin Co.?
Thunder Lips Wrote:He probably could be good on defense, but neither he or the entire Franklin Co team play any defense. Do they even practice defense at Franklin Co.?

they do, they tell them to make sure our offense has enough time to score.