Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Coaches/Analysts Poll (Jan. 15)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1.lousia - 69 - 6
2.pikeville - 63 - 1
3.paintsville - 51
4.betsy layne - 50
5.dorton - 47
6.johns creek - 31
7.johnson central - 22
8.maggoffin county - 21
9.adams - 18
10.mullins - 6

others receiving votes: belfry, martin county
[COLOR="Blue"]Coaches, I was wondering if we (BL) could put together a tourney for these top 10 teams, who would be interested and able to play on following days?

Jan. 21 (Sat) First + Second Round Games
Jan. 28 (Sat) Final four + Championship Game

Coach Howard
BL Basketball

GOD LOVES YOU!!![/COLOR]
I think a tournament like this would be great... I'd love to have the 15th region tournament at the Expo again... why did they drop that tournament anyway?
Look familiar?

Regional tournament the two years they had it was a 12 team tournament. But if I was asked to pick the 8 best teams only, I would seed them at this very moment as 1.Louisa, 2.Pikeville, 3.Paintsville, 4.Dorton, 5.Johnson Central, 6.Betsy Layne, 7.Adams, 8.Maggoffin County. If I was going to go with 12 teams, I would add... 9.John's Creek, 10.Mullins, 11. Virgie, 12.South Floyd. Without Teddy, I'm not completely sold on how good John's Creek will be just yet. No disrespect at all to those boys, I just want to see what they can do now because it is hard to replace a talented player like him, Ryder Johnson of Pikeville, and Kash Daniels of Paintsville. Also, I hope the people from Adams will not be upset that I put us above Adams after last week, I'm simply going by us being 2-1 against Adams this year

I guess you changed your mind from the 14th. I didn't even vote this time, so how many voted for Adams, Johnson Co., Dorton above BL? When did Lousia beat Pikeville?
Cougar Connection Wrote:Look familiar?

Regional tournament the two years they had it was a 12 team tournament. But if I was asked to pick the 8 best teams only, I would seed them at this very moment as 1.Louisa, 2.Pikeville, 3.Paintsville, 4.Dorton, 5.Johnson Central, 6.Betsy Layne, 7.Adams, 8.Maggoffin County. If I was going to go with 12 teams, I would add... 9.John's Creek, 10.Mullins, 11. Virgie, 12.South Floyd. Without Teddy, I'm not completely sold on how good John's Creek will be just yet. No disrespect at all to those boys, I just want to see what they can do now because it is hard to replace a talented player like him, Ryder Johnson of Pikeville, and Kash Daniels of Paintsville. Also, I hope the people from Adams will not be upset that I put us above Adams after last week, I'm simply going by us being 2-1 against Adams this year

I guess you changed your mind from the 14th. I didn't even vote this time, so how many voted for Adams, Johnson Co., Dorton above BL? When did Lousia beat Pikeville?

LMAO... Seriously Van? This isn't a top 10 that I just simply hand pick! It's voted on by people from every district in this region! What you seen me list above, was my top 10 and that is exactly how I voted! How anyone else votes is totally out of my control. I just simply post the results. So before you try to make a liar or hypocrite out of me, get you're facts straight!
WOW how is it these rankings get so touchy? Truth is there are about 8 teams that on any given night could beat any of the other 8 teams in the region... are these rankings accurate? surely not... but then again that's why we play the game... Of these rankings the only team in the top 10 that i personally haven't seen play is Johnson Central... I think the rankings are pretty accurate but i've stated since the beginning of the season that Louisa, Pikeville, and Paintsville could be interchangeable in the top 3 spots... i also said that BL, Dorton, and JC could be interchangeable in the 4 - 6 spots...

With Ryder out at Pikeville, Teddy out at JC, and Kash out at Paintsville I think Louisa is the top team and its wide open behind them... of course this is my opinion...
"So before you try to make a liar or hypocrite out of me, get you're facts straight!"

Did not try to make you anything just was wondering if you changed your mind! I think this thread can always make for interesting conversations/confrontations and does not have to get personal! I apologize if you took it that way.
scbmike1 Wrote:[COLOR="Blue"]Coaches, I was wondering if we (BL) could put together a tourney for these top 10 teams, who would be interested and able to play on following days?

Jan. 21 (Sat) First + Second Round Games
Jan. 28 (Sat) Final four + Championship Game

Coach Howard
BL Basketball

GOD LOVES YOU!!![/COLOR]

What would be fitting is to play this tournament following everyones county tournaments and have the winner and runner-up from all the 15th region. Winners play other counties runner-up in the first round and draw for bracket placement. You could also draw for the tournament site host. That would make it fair and nobody could question who are the top teams.
while this could be a good idea Van... i am not so sure that just having the 15th regions county tournament winners would be all the top teams in the region... Not sure how we could do this and make it fair but sometimes you have 3 or 4 schools in a county that are heads above another counties runner up...

Another idea would be to have Dorton host this tournament like they did the Pre Season tournament and have the teams play at Dorton and Virgie.... that way you could cut back on teams travel time...
Cougar Connection Wrote:"So before you try to make a liar or hypocrite out of me, get you're facts straight!"

Did not try to make you anything just was wondering if you changed your mind! I think this thread can always make for interesting conversations/confrontations and does not have to get personal! I apologize if you took it that way.

That's my bad Van, I got nothing against you at all. Just a long bad day, then I read that and took it the wrong way. Nah, I didn't change how I voted. What I posted was how my top ten was ranked.
Cougar Connection Wrote:What would be fitting is to play this tournament following everyones county tournaments and have the winner and runner-up from all the 15th region. Winners play other counties runner-up in the first round and draw for bracket placement. You could also draw for the tournament site host. That would make it fair and nobody could question who are the top teams.

The Old Pikeville College Gym, since the Expo has the Bears now... how much use does it get anymore?
The Old Pikeville college gym would be a good site to host this... i am sure Pikeville University would love to help out with this... they may would even help get into the Expo...
Expo doesn't make enough money off the grade school regional tournament, thats why they didn't have it this year but I would love to see it moved to UPike's old gym.