Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Tournament Pairings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hazard vs Wolfe Co. (Mon 6:30)
June Buchanan vs Estill Co. (Mon 8:15)

Jackson City vs Cordia (Tues 6:30)
Lee Co. vs Leslie Co. (Tues 8:15)

Semi-finals
Friday 6:30 & 8:15 Pm

Championship Saturday 7 Pm
Jackson city or cordia in the semi's when was the last time this happened
Not a good draw for Lee Co.
"web-foot woe" Wrote:Jackson city or cordia in the semi's when was the last time this happened

Well you know how long it was since Jackson City won there last District Title (1934) so its probably been a while since they have been to the Region semi's
Obviously, none of these teams are cupcakes, as they all managed to win their districts. That being said, I figured Lee would draw Leslie, and am interested to see this game played out. I think if the region seeded this is probably how the brackets would have turned out anyway. Should be a lot of fun to see all these games played out and good luck to all involved. Good luck to Estill and Lee; represent the 56th well.
:Cheerlead HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Hazard
this is the 3rd time this year hazard will be meeting wolfe county,i think this will be an interesting game to see.wolfe has had a bad run for the past 5-6 games and on the other hand hazard has had an awesome run.both teams are gd enough to win this match,but i think hazard will come out as the winner and go on to the semi finals and maybe even win region.the game between leslie and lee wud be very interesting.accord to me the teams advancing to the semis wud be-hazard,lee,jackson,june buchanan. GO DAWGS
I don't think that Lee county will be able to pull off a win against Leslie, just for the simple fact that Leslie not only has one big man to match up with Rich but they have two big men. Don't get me wrong i wish the best to Lee and hope they represent the 56th well, but Morgan and Day are two big men that compliment each other well, and are very dangerous on the court!
Lee/Leslie is a very interesting match-up!  Guess we will see what stud wants to carry there team in Rich/Lee and Morgan/Leslie.  Big players makes big plays this time of the year!
There's not really a team that anyone can say "yes we wanted to play them" every team in this region can win it. this is probably the most evenly matched region that i can remember. hazard by no means has an easy draw but its definatly easier than lee county or leslie county, because i feel that if hazard makes it past the first round, that they will be playing either leslie or lee in the regional championship, where hazard will prevail and make the trip to rupp
why are we all forgetting JBS.  I may be a little bias, being an ALC student, but still their not a bad team you gotta admit that.
lee will beat leslie by 20...........leslie is horrible
Lexington Christian had 2 big men as well, and Lee thumped them.  Look for some slashing by Fetters and some good outside shooting for Lee and a 4 point win.
[quote author=mister T link=topic=20394.msg205113#msg205113 date=1141657665]
why are we all forgetting JBS. I may be a little bias, being an ALC student, but still their not a bad team you gotta admit that.
[/quote]

Agreed... JBS has a really good team.
Im just  a big fan of JBS as anyone on this board. But IMO they don't have the inside presence without big Garrison Collins on the bench with that banged up knee.
If Brent Hall and Ryne Conley can contain some of everyone's bigs and grab alot of boards, JBS would be LETHAL in the regionals.. Stepp and Cox will put points on the board not a doubt in my mind. Just gotta contest every shot and grab boards.

Go Crusaders !
Have to disagree with you on this one. Sure they are a good team but not good enough to get passed 1 or 2nd round of the tourney. Im picking Hazard for the whole shhhh-bang!! If not them, then Leslie.
Should be a fun tourny, I will be at the games Friday night.