Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: In your opinion, who leaves UK for the draft this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now that were over halfway through the year, what your opinion?

First off Darius Miller is a senior and is gone.
Michael Kidd Gilchrist IMO is already out the door, though id love to see him stay.
Anthony Davis was gone before the first game.
Terrence Jones IMO will go no matter what his stock is. I honestly thing hes regretting staying as his stock is falling deeper and deeper.
Teague IMO will stay. I honestly think he will realize he needs another year.
Lamb is a toss up at this point. Could he stay for a third year? I hope so.

The rest will all stay IMO.

That brings us to the current recruiting class.
Polythress, Goodwin, and Cauley have all already signed.
We will definitely need a big man, so with Cauley and hopefully another recruit coming in, they will pick up where davis left off.
Polythress, from what i can gather is a MKG type of player that will play hard and good.
Goodwin will come off the bench if Teague and Lamb stay.

If we can lock down Shabazz and another top recruit or two were going after, what does that leave this team with players wise.
With Polson, Vargas, Malone, and Hood taking up room on the bench, along with Harrow and Beckham who should be decent, how many players can we currently sign?

Next year with the way thing are looking our roster will be...

Marquis Teague
Doron Lamb (Maybe)
Jon Hood
Jarrod Polson
Twany Beckham
Sam Malone
Eloy Vargas
Brian Long
Kyle Wiltjer
Alex Polythress
Archie Goodwin
Willie Cauley

Thats already 12 players.
I know if cal can get players like Shabazz and a couple of the other really good recruits, he could make Long, Malone, and possible Polson walk.
But from what i hear Malone is pretty decent and always challenging Teague in practice and is a great shooter.

What does everyone think our roster will look like next year?
Anthony Davis

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Terrence Jones

Doron Lamb
Paypal Cal and his One and Done's.
Teague is gone too. When his game picks back up, he will be mentioned as a first round pick just as he was a few weeks ago.
Vargas is a Senior. He couldn't stay if he wanted to.
Anthony Davis - top 10 pick
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - top 10 pick
Terrence Jones - top 10 pick
Doron Lamb - late 1st round
Darius Miller - late 2nd round

Eloy Vargas - overseas
I think Marquis Teague stays...

And depending on what happens in the NCAA tourny, MKG might too. I think if something heartbreaking happens, he'll be back.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:Vargas is a Senior. He couldn't stay if he wanted to.

Thank god for that!
-Davis: gone for sure, he's your #1 pick in the draft.

-Kidd-Gilchrist: he's gone, unless he stays like TJones to win, but MKG could be the #2 pick after Davis.

-Miller: senior year, mid to late 1st round.

-Vargas: senior year( thank goodness)

-Teague: getting better and better I think, will be a 1st round pick. If Cal hasn't recruited a PG must be because of Harrow who is the one who chalenges Teague not MALONE. Harrow is talented.

-Wiltjer: he's staying, needs a year or two to develop.

-D.Lamb: leaves this year, 1st round pick. Having to good of a year.

Next years class.
- William Cauley: Solid center, true center, which we need. I think he already said he was staying for atleast a year or two?

- Alex Poythress: The player I think who will be next years standout on the team. Be another MKG. Leave or stay depending on the season he has. would be mid 1st rounder.

- Archie Goodwin: Could be next years leading scorer. Solid player, would fill Lamb's spot nicely. 1st rounder.

Hopefull recruits:
- Shabazz Muhammad: Best HS player in the nation, I would say he's gonna committ to Kentucky, just waiting to see if MKG stays.

- Tony Parker: solid body, big man down low that can score, could be a strong power forward or center when needed.

As for the others I'm not so sure about.
I really think we're going to get Shabazz...I can't wait to see him in action.
I'm not even worried about next year atm Its all about right now.
^^First thing I thought of when I seen this thread, hah.
ekff Wrote:Anthony Davis - top 10 pick
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - top 10 pick
Terrence Jones - top 10 pick
Doron Lamb - late 1st round
Darius Miller - late 2nd round

Eloy Vargas - overseas

Agreed..........again.

I don't know if Jones will be a top 10 pick though. It will depend on need and where teams will fall. It could happen though.
I could see Teague staying, but it's a very slim chance.
^ Last years threads, everyone expected Knight to stay.
CardinalAlum Wrote:I'm not even worried about next year atm Its all about right now.

Fair, but this is the third straight year that these threads run wild. Actually, this year they have been slower than the previous two years. As long as 1&downs are the focus, then we will have these same threads next year, the year after...............
Miller and Vargas are gone because they are seniors.
Jones, Lamb, Davis and Kidd-Gilchrist are gone in the draft.
That's 6 players right there.
Stardust Wrote:Fair, but this is the third straight year that these threads run wild. Actually, this year they have been slower than the previous two years. As long as 1&downs are the focus, then we will have these same threads next year, the year after...............
And that is the landscape of college basketball right now. What can you do? Either you get the best out there and try to win it all or you take the second tier players and hope you can build a championship team in a few years. Until the NCAA and the NBA change the rules about entering the draft then this is how it will be.
Why are people Glad vargas is gone? Without him this year we wouldn't have any depth at the 5. He plays hard. Not every player can be a 5-star recruit.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Why are people Glad vargas is gone? Without him this year we wouldn't have any depth at the 5. He plays hard. Not every player can be a 5-star recruit.

PT, let's be real, Vargas provides NO depth at the five. Absolutely zero. Depth at the five plays. Guys who contribute nothing ride the bench.

Against South Carolina, a total blow-out, Vargas gets 10 minutes. Against Arkansas Little Rock, a competitive game for 30 minutes, he played 4 total minutes.

When you need depth, you have to give your starters rest during big games. you MUST take pressure off of your starters by bringing in guys to help keep the game somewhat in check just long enough to get your starter a breather.

Vargas provided this much depth in minutes:

Louisville 2
Auburn 3
UT 0

I'm sorry, that is not depth, that is lack of having anybody else on the team that could fill in, that the coach has any confidence in at all! No, Vargas did not have to be a five star recruit. And I remember this message board blasting me last year for saying he was a complete bust and that he was the wrong choice to bring in to provide support for the young Cats during games. Everyone said "Give Cal a summer, and just you wait and see". Well, during that summer, Cal could not even get this kids lack of talent decent enough to play on his own country's team, thus he was virtually cut from a BAD team. He may be a great guy, but great guys do not translate into athletes!
Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, Lamb, and Jones. Teague will stay IMO.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Why are people Glad vargas is gone? Without him this year we wouldn't have any depth at the 5. He plays hard. Not every player can be a 5-star recruit.

I will gladly see that so called "depth" be shown the door.
I guarantee Cal thought he was getting better than what he did.
Vargas provides absoloutly no help to this team at all.
Miller & Vargas - seniors.
Davis - #1 pick.
Gilchrist - top 5 pick, possible #2.
Jones- This is a tough one. I think he leaves no matter his stock, he's just tired of college bball, and wants to make some money. At the beginning of the season I'd said he was definitely a top 10 pick. Now? Late first round.
Lamb- Late first round. Much like Jones, no matter his stock, he's leaving. He also wants to cash out.
Teague - Early second round. He's not played well, his game is more suited for the NBA, and I think he makes the mistake of leaving.

Next year our line up will lord something like this.

1. Harrow(look him up on youtube)
2. Goodwin
3. Polythress
4. Wiltjer
5. Cauley

If we get Shabazz, obviously he starts, he's the best player in the country, future #1 overall pick. Move everybody from the 3 down a spot, put him at the 3, and take Cauley out. Polythress can play 3 or 4, very athletic. Wiltjer, has much improvement to do, but he'll have a year to do it.
^ Very well iterated
^Next year could be a great year or a very tough year. NO experience coming back.
If everyone leaves that still has eligibility, and we don't get Shabazz, it could be a long year compared to the past few. Well still be a top 25 team and be competitive, but won't compete for a championship. If we get Shabazz, we're automatically a top 5 team. He alone is that good, and would also be playing with a few NBA'ers.
I've read some stuff that the 2013 class could potentially be Cals best.
Jon Hood will be able to step in and fill MKG's shoes. We don't need Shabazz!!!
[Image: sarcasmart.jpg]
^lol.
^
lol at Stardust for trying to get in good with the wizards of potter dorks :biggrin:
I LOVE the pic!
Stardust is a closet Potterhead!!!
Pages: 1 2