Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central's Codi Diamond commits to Carson-Newman College
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After much prayer and consideration, Codi made his decision to continue his education and play football at Carson Newman in Jefferson City, TN. He cancelled official visits at 2 D1AA (now called FCS) schools based on this decision. Central Connecticut and Wofford are great programs but Codi felt playing Defense for Coach Sparks and Coach Redding only a couple hours from home was the best fit for him.

Coach Sparks is the 12th ranked coach in the country based on number of Wins. CN has 5 National Championships and numerous conference championships. But more than any of that, CN football is led by men who openly profess their faith in Christ and commit to helping the young men who play there find and follow the Savior. Not all do, and that's ok. But for the men who want to - they have great examples to follow.

Thanks to many of you on this board who have said many kind things about Codi. I am very blessed to be the guy he calls dad. We invite you all to continue to follow him and come see him play in the coming years as he puts on the Blue and Orange for the Eagles. Isaiah 40:31
Congrats to this young man and good luck on and off the field at the next level.

Thanks for posting this. I like knowing where the players who are not going D-1 are headed.
Congrats to you Mr. Diamond...both of you. I'm glad things fell into place for you all and the decision is finally made for the boy. He's a great kid. Ours is still not clear yet. Several interviews with colleges to go. Again....way to go Codi! Good luck kid!
Def. My favorite Lineman in the mountains to watch, great player, and I'm sure he's a great kid. Congrats and good luck to Mr. Diamond!!
Congrats Codi. I wish you goodluck and prayers for a safe injury free 4 years.
Good choice.
Hope to see him do well in college.
Thanks for the kind words. Our family is very excited to get to continue watching Codi play a game he loves for a school we all admire. Coach Ken Sparks sat with Codi and I for some time and I must say he is one of the most impressive men I have encountered. He looked Codi directly in the eyes and thanked him for trusting Carson Newman with his college decision. This moment truly felt like the culmination of years of work and God's blessing and favor on Codi.

The last 2 years have been a ride. The first best step we took in the recruiting process was getting him signed up for NCSA - see http://www.ncsasports.org and ask for Chris Vincent. Codi has had over 100 schools look at him on that site and many have contacted him. He ended up with several scholarship offers, including one from a D1AA school, that we never would have gotten without the exposure that NCSA provided. They have programs for every sport. They are not a magic wand but they do provide you information and tools you can use to open doors. If I can help you in any way, I'd be happy to - PM me.

Rom 8:28 "All things work for good for those that love God."
Congrats to the young man.
Congrats!
Congrats to Codi. I am glad that his faith is just as important (if not more so) than his football career. Good to hear that!
Well deserved. Congrats Codi.