Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KBA 6th Grade State Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The KBA 6th Grade State Championship will begin on Friday, January 20th and conclude on Sunday, January 22.
Which team will claim the title this year?
Last year there were over 50 teams in the tournament with Southern Pulaski defeating Northern Pulaski in the championship game.
The teams already listed on the KBA website that are attending include the following:
East Jessamine
Jackson Co.
Mercer Co.
Paintsville
Paris
Rockcastle Co.
Southern Pulaski
Southern Pulaski should have no trouble repeating
Does anyone knowing any other teams that will be there?

Who will be Southern Pulaski's best competition?
Is Pikeville in this because they have a really good c team. Best I have seen.
Pikeville played at KBA last year. Seemed they finished in the final eight of the sixth grade tournament last year.
bball_fan Wrote:Is Pikeville in this because they have a really good c team. Best I have seen.
Heard the Pikeville 6th won a state tournament. Not sure in Lexington or Louisville. I know other teams were in Louisville.
Southern Ky AAU Wrote:Southern Pulaski should have no trouble repeating

How many, if any, of the Southern Pulaski squad have been held back?
I am not sure how many have been held back. But they with Logan Dyche, Stephen Fitzgerald, and Danny Butts all on one team, they will be tough to beat. They have not lost a game this year and the closest game they have had is 20 points.
All but that's the nomad.
All of Southern Pulaski's players are within the age limit set by the KHSAA rules. When some people ask about hold backs, it sounds as if hold backs are cheaters. Whether the kids were held back or they started late, they are playing within the rules.
as stated before hold backs is the norm if you want to compete like it or not and southern is for real
Southern Ky AAU Wrote:I am not sure how many have been held back. But they with Logan Dyche, Stephen Fitzgerald, and Danny Butts all on one team, they will be tough to beat. They have not lost a game this year and the closest game they have had is 20 points.

Are any of those kids getting time on the 8th grade or Freshman teams? Sounds like they are going to be fun to watch.
catfanmd Wrote:All of Southern Pulaski's players are within the age limit set by the KHSAA rules. When some people ask about hold backs, it sounds as if hold backs are cheaters. Whether the kids were held back or they started late, they are playing within the rules.

Never said they where cheaters, was just asking a questions. Most kids that are hold backs and are really good at a early age, get caught up to by their sophmore year. I am all for holding kids back if they are under developed physically. Or if their grades are not where the parents wont them to be. I just want to compare apples to apples when I am watching the games.
Looking at the bracket Paintsville plays Mercer Co. first. Don't see Sothern Pulaski on there, unless they go by Southern
Should be a great tourney!
Games on Friday, January 20, 2012
League Home Away Time/Status Venue Officials
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Bondurant Middle School v Bryan Station Middle 5:30 PM KBA Court 1
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Elkhorn Middle v Clark-Moores Middle School 5:30 PM KBA Court 2
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Paris Greyhounds v West Jessamine 5:30 PM KBA Court 3
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Beaumont Middle v Foley Middle 5:30 PM KBA Court 4
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Frankfort Middle v LCA 5:30 PM KBA Court 5
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament LTMS v North Laurel 5:30 PM LCA - Court 6 - Aux Gym
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Boyd County Middle School v Northern Pulaski 6:40 PM KBA Court 1
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Campbellsville v East Jessamine 6:40 PM KBA Court 2
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Crosby Middle School v Boyle County Middle School 6:40 PM KBA Court 3
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Mercer County v Paintsville 6:40 PM KBA Court 4
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Lincoln Co v Hazard 6:40 PM KBA Court 5
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Anderson County v Rockastle Co. 6:40 PM LCA - Court 6 - Aux Gym
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Conner Middle v Elliott County Middle School 7:50 PM KBA Court 1
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament C.A.L v Corbin Redhounds 7:50 PM KBA Court 2
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Jackson County v Westport Middle School 7:50 PM KBA Court 3
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Meece Middle School v Morton Middle School 7:50 PM KBA Court 4
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Tates Creek v Oldham County 7:50 PM KBA Court 5
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Rowan County v Shelby County West Middle 7:50 PM LCA - Court 6 - Aux Gym
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Garrard County v Eastside Eagles 9:00 PM KBA Court 1
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Dorton Wildcats v Henry Co 9:00 PM KBA Court 2
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Middlesboro v Jessie Clark Middle 9:00 PM KBA Court 3
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament North Oldham v South Laurel 9:00 PM KBA Court 4
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Gray Middle v JCTMS 9:00 PM KBA Court 5
Boys 6th Grade MS State Tournament Southern Middle v Twenhofel 9:00 PM LCA - Court 6 - Aux Gym
The three Southern Pulaski boys, Danny Butt, Logan Dykes, and Steven Fitzgerald play on the 6th grade, 7th grade, and 8th grade teams. They started playing AAU ball as second or third graders and have played a ton of games in the last 3-4 years against national competion. Danny and Steven were on the 5th grade Division 1, National Championship team last year. All three boys are very talented and probably have been the best three players on the court in any of their sixth grade games.
The sixth grade team is undefeated, the seventh grade team has lost once and the eighth grade team has won about 70% of their games. The sixth and seventh grade classes are very special and it will be interesting to see how they continue to progress.
Yes
Southern Pulaski is listed as Southern in the Brackets
catfanmd Wrote:Yes
Southern Pulaski is listed as Southern in the Brackets

You will have no trouble with Twenhofel.
I agreee about kids being held back. It is not a bad thing to be held back at all. In fact the majority of kids who play sports have been held back. Some people think it is wrong but as long as they meet the khsaa requirements its ok. In fact in todays time almost everybody is being held back. I think being held back is one of the best things you can do for a kid. It gives them an extra year to mature both on and off the court.
Hold Backs------I like to call them Mountain Redshirts.
There are several strong teams from the Louisville area. JCTMS, Crosby Middle, Shelby West, CAL, and even Oldham Co.
Anyone know anything about Northern Pulaski?
SOLID
Well Coached.
They have an undersized point guard that is very quick and it is natual to underestimate him due to his size.
There is an off guard/forward that can shoot. You will not want to give him open looks to get his shot off.
Their center is not real tall, but has a nose for the ball. he will get a ton of rebounds and will score a lot of points on trash baskets.
It would not surprise me that they will still be playing on Sunday.
Their sixth graders last year were runners-up at the KBA State
Jefferson county middle school will be a team to watch
Can only middle school teams participate or could a group of 6th graders from a feeder school play?
The good news for teams competing at KBA is that while Southern Pulaski has some decent players, those players are also very inconsistent.
Courtside
The KBA field is already set this year for the sixth grade tournament.
A couple years ago, we took a team of fourth and fifth graders, and played in the sixth grade KBA State Tournament. We played as a B team from the middle school. All the players came from the feeder schools and are now at the middle school.
catfanmd Wrote:all of southern pulaski's players are within the age limit set by the khsaa rules. When some people ask about hold backs, it sounds as if hold backs are cheaters. Whether the kids were held back or they started late, they are playing within the rules.

within the rules or not it is still wrong
^ it is not wrong at all all. How can something be wrong if its in the rules of the game? Lol
southern ky aau Wrote:i agreee about kids being held back. It is not a bad thing to be held back at all. In fact the majority of kids who play sports have been held back. Some people think it is wrong but as long as they meet the khsaa requirements its ok. In fact in todays time almost everybody is being held back. I think being held back is one of the best things you can do for a kid. It gives them an extra year to mature both on and off the court.

thats a bunch of crap the majority are not held back just the ones who's parents are afraid there kids can not compete with kids there own age
Pages: 1 2