Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 16th Region Tournament Pairings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All Games are played at Morehead State University

Monday
Elliott County vs Ashland Blazer
Greenup County vs Menifee County

Tuseday
Rowan County vs Russell
Fairview vs West Carter

-Can someone list the times of the games on Monday and Tuesday?
I guess Ashland will get tested right out of the box. But if the Tomcats can go to Sandy Hook and win, they should be able to do it again at Morehead. They must play good D.

Greenup has a good chance of getting into the semis and Russell has a good chance of getting sent home after the first game.

Should be some good games!
Ashland had better not be looking past Elliott or they'll be like Morgan and watch the remainder of the tourney from the cheap seats.
CC.....your Vikies have a decent shot at getting to the finals....
Yeah they do.
BTW, I had to chuckle at your tagline.........believe me, nobody and I mean NOBODY, wants to be Rowan County.  :no:
Fairview.  16th Region champs!!!
I think Rowan county has a chance for a region repeat. Coach Daniels has been playing good as of late and most of the teams in the region don't even know what MSU's ball court feels like under their shoes. This is where experience and good coaching counts. Rowan co. will go to state 2 years in a row.
I've been wrong on just about every sports prediction I've made in the past 2 weeks.  Taking that into consideration, I predict Rowan County to win the 16th region tourney.  :no:
Elliott Co over Ashland
Greenup over Menifee
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=20381.msg205294#msg205294 date=1141673791]
I've been wrong on just about every sports prediction I've made in the past 2 weeks.  Taking that into consideration, I predict Rowan County to win the 16th region tourney. :no:
[/quote]

Heh....see what I told 'ya....Hated to do that to my Rowan buds.  I now predict Elliott will win it all...
To damn funny
I'll be hated in Elliott County now......lol
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=20381.msg206469#msg206469 date=1141863972]
I'll be hated in Elliott County now......lol
[/quote]

I say you already are. lol
Elliot is coming on at the right time. But I don't think Elliot co. can beat Fairview. Fairview is too physical and they play some pretty good defense.
I`m hoping for a rematch of the All A Final.Fairview  vs. Elliott.And talk is that is what the team would like as well.
Either Elliott or Fairview will represent the 16th region at Rupp.
Elliott will beat Greenup tonight and Fairview will top Russell....should be two great games.

Still kicking doors over the Cougars biting the dust in the district.
I had Morgan winning it all,and I`m obviously a Fairview fan.I still say Perry is the man,he can`t control a bad shot from the sidelines.I wish them the best next year.And I hope the Morgan fans are pulling for the Eagles,because I know Morgan is who they would be pulling for if it was the other way around.
[quote author=WIZE MAGIC link=topic=20381.msg207938#msg207938 date=1142005969]
And I hope the Morgan fans are pulling for the Eagles,because I know Morgan is who they would be pulling for if it was the other way around.
[/quote]

Just about every Cougar fan I know of is pulling for Fairview. Elliott fans have an 'intense dislike' for Morgan.....(as you've witnessed on Baxters)  :lol:  Fairview is a classy team with classy fans.  Great games between MC and Fairview this year.  Hutchinson is a stud. 
Yellow Snow...I agree with almost everything you have to say on here...but this is one Morgan County fan that will be rooting for Elliott tonight and hopefully tomorrow night...I felt the same way you do now about some of the Elliott Co. fans and know of the feud that has been going on for years, between the two schools, but during the West Carter game, I looked across the gym and saw the Ferguson kid from Elliott Co with blue and gold face paint cheering with our students for us to win...and I thought to myself..if this guy can come across the county line and cheer for us..knowing how the two schools felt about each other..I can go to Morehead tonight and return the favor...I remember a couple of years ago..we was in the same situation..a small school, never been to Rupp and getting to go...and how it made us feel...No hard feelings for the Fairview team..I wish them luck also...may the best team win...I may cheer for Elliott tonight..but my heart is in Morgan...
Well I`m sure the guys will like hearing that.They have the up most respect for the Morgan program.Perry,and Trusty always have words of encouragement for Justin.And he really appreciates it.Elliott in my opinion will be in the big dance sooner or later.I feel like they haven`t earned it just yet.their over confident,and that will be their downfall.Maybe next year,but not his year.I hope anyway.
I'm definitely not traveling alone through Elliott County anytime in the near future.... :lol:

Congrats to Russell - 16th Region Champions