Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Decision on WYMT games for tonight?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if anyone knows what they are thinking yet about the games tonight? Hoping they can still be played, but not looking like the weather is going to cooperate very well as usual during this tourney.
Well, somebody needs to decide something fast...we're getting ready to leave!!

Smile
Understand that! First game is at 5, they definitely need to make a call very soon.
Several schools are already dismissing at 2. They need to do something Now
How far is Harlan County from Knott?
Is the weather suppose to get that bad?
I thought it was only gonna be a little snow or something.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Is the weather suppose to get that bad?

It's sun Shining here in Estill. Also seen on TV that they don't have advisory's out
Its suppose to hit between the hours of 3-5
Sun is shining here in Martin Co.
supposed to be in Knott around 4-5pm, temp will drop from 40s to 20s in a little over an hour when it gets here. That will change all wet roads from the rain this morning to ice very quickly, not supposed to get a whole lot of snow 1-3" or 2-4" where ever you are located, but the ice is what scares everyone. Just like last week when we had all the accidents, it gets bad very quickly when temps drop that low that quick.
Weather.gov is giving less than an inch possible.
The games are still on for tonight!

As I look out my window at the station, it is not snowing, so there is no change in the schedule.

- Rock
http://www.derekforrest.com
http://www.twitter.com/derekwymt
This is from WYMT, "Most locations will see anywhere from 1-2", with the higher elevations looking at 2-4". Some locations in both areas could see higher or lower totals, based on where the heaviest snow falls.

Temperatures drop through the day and night, finally stabilizing around 19 overnight.

The winds also pick up out of the west, with projected wind chills making it feel close to or below zero at times."

Sky Alert Forecaster
Brandon Robinson
Sun is shining at the Morton Combs Athletic Complex...... Games are still on!!
D IT UP Wrote:How far is Harlan County from Knott?

Travel Distances via Google Maps (Mapquest couldn't locate other schools)

To Knott County Central

Belfry - #1: 72.7 Miles (1 Hour, 30 Mins) - #2: 69.1 Miles (1 Hour, 37 Mins) - #3: 76.1 Miles (1 Hour, 45 Mins)

Harlan County - #1: 64.3 Miles (1 Hour, 18 Mins) - #2 58.8 Miles (1 Hour, 19 Mins) - #3: 66.6 Miles (1 Hour, 25 Mins)

Letcher County Central - 26.23 Miles (36 Mins)

Clay County - #1: 61.7 Miles (1 Hour, 22 Mins) - #2: 66 Miles (1 Hour, 32 Mins) - #3: 67.4 Miles (1 Hour, 33 Mins)

Sheldon Clark - #1: 57.7 Miles (1 Hour, 15 Mins) - #2: 59.9 Miles (1 Hour, 26 Mins) - #3: 73.7 Miles (1 Hour, 31 Mins)

Buckhorn - #1: 39.1 Miles (1 Hour) - #2: 44.6 Miles (1 Hour, 9 Mins)

Hazard - #1: 22.5 Miles (31 Mins) - #2: 23.2 Miles (32 Mins) - #3: 22.5 Miles (35 Mins)
It just poured down here in Estill County. Wind blowing very heavily
Games will go on regardless of the weather.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Is the weather suppose to get that bad?

Well, I'd love to see you take your lily white butt over Whitesburg mountain in 4 inches of snow!!!!
:thatsfunn:thatsfunn

In all seriousness, what bothers me is all the rain that we've had. If the wind don't dry off the roads, I'm afraid they will flash freeze.
According to KSP Post 10, roads across Pine Mountain and Whitesburg Mountain are closed. HC fans will need to make a trip through London!!!