Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: All_District Teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone heard if any all district teams have been announced. I know that class 5a district 6 all district team hasnt been announced yet. Seems odd that the teams havent been announced yet
(All-District Team) Region IV District 8
Haywood Coach of the Year
The Williamson Daily News
1 day 14 hrs ago | 335 views | 0 | 6 | | Special to the Daily News

The All-District football team from Region IV District 8 was announced and it is no surprise the Pirates are leading the way. Belfry High head coach Phillip Haywood was selected as Coach of the Year and senior FB Trey Willis was chosen as Player of the Year.

Listed are the players selected for All-District and their schools;

BELFRY - Josh Dixon, Gary Runyon, Keagan Fields, Tony Messer, Howie Dotson, Sani Warren, Payton Mullins, Madison Ghormley and Zach Thacker

PIKE CENTRAL - Alan Boggs, Cory Shouse, Wes Pugh, Justin Runyon, Marcus Johnson, Justin Smith, Koit Pruitt and Mark Maynard.

EAST RIDGE - Michael Fields, Christan Hagy, Justin Bevins, Cody Smith and Austin Robinson.

LAWRENCE COUNTY - Tyler Combs, Hayden Kiser, Jacob Marcum, Blake Prince, Blake Watson, Jordan Wellman and Ricky Goble.

SHELDON CLARK - Kristian Skyles, Tim Smith, Chase Lafferty, Tylor Chapman, Jared Stevens and Brady Cornette.

HONORABLE MENTION: BELFRY - Tyler Williams, Derrick Jude, Josh Robinson, Josh Nelson, Justin Johnson and Johns Duty. PIKE CENTRAL - Robbie Hopkins, Cody Trivette, Jared Ramey, Nathan Coleman, Austin Cochran and Calvin Cline. EAST RIDGE - Andrew Hilton, Jacob Skeens, Jordan Standifur, Mike Stiltner and Josh Colley. LAWRENCE COUNTY - Josh Marcum, Daniel Leibee, Blake Schaeffer, Lance Clay, Cole Cyrus and Morgan O'Brian. SHELDON CLARK - Trevor Blackburn, Zack Norman, Brandon Finley, B.J. Jarrell and Austin Preece.

Read more: The Williamson Daily News - Haywood Coach of the Year
What is this? Little League and everybody gets a medal for participation. Might as well named every teams starters "all district"
D IT UP Wrote:What is this? Little League and everybody gets a medal for participation. Might as well named every teams starters "all district"

What is your problem? The post asked for "All-District" teams and if any had been released. I posted what the local paper posted for District 8 3A and you reply with this? Did you not get picked and are jealous? lolol
I think D it up asked a legitimate question. no need for honorable mention.
LAWRENCE COUNTY - Tyler Combs, Hayden Kiser, Jacob Marcum, Blake Prince, Blake Watson, Jordan Wellman and Ricky Goble.

Great job boys!
long_time_pirate Wrote:What is your problem? The post asked for "All-District" teams and if any had been released. I posted what the local paper posted for District 8 3A and you reply with this? Did you not get picked and are jealous? lolol

Yes, I'm mad because I haven't made it since 06'. In all honesty, is it necessary to have 1000 kids be named. That takes out the honor of making it. IMO, you should have 23-24 players make first team and thats offense, defense and throw in a special teams player or two. After that, have a very few that are honorable mentions.
It's a legit argument. I honestly agree with D it up. Why have 1000 all district players for a 4 team district?
I don't think honorable mentions actually make the team. Every all-whatever has an HM list.....
Just think what a team that would be if they could play.
hawkeye Wrote:Just think what a team that would be if they could play.

Would be pretty impressive..