Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville Panthers 59th District champs!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pikeville over Shelby valley tonight..I believe the score was 44-39, not 100% about that one but we won!
Congrats to Pikeville and Coach Williams! Good luck in Regionals!
OMG yay... I may not go to Pikeville, But im so GLAD they beat SV.... Way to go Panthers Good Job Pikeville, best of luck!
I am very proud of the entire coaching staff and the team. When the season started nobody would have thought that they would be playing in the district championship game much less winning the 59th. Coach Williams has done a great job and now that they have won the 59th I hope some that have doubted his coaching ability will give credit where credit is due. This years team has brought pride and excitment back into Panther Basketball. While this team is far from some of the most talented teams Pikeville has had over the years, they are a tough group of young kids that leave it out on the floor and take pride in the maroon and white jersey that they wear. Coach Williams is going to win a lot of games at Pikeville and Pikeville will be one of the top teams in the region very soon.

Way to go Panthers and good luck next week at the Expo Center...there will be a lot of maroon in the stands.
Congrats to Coach Williams and the Pikeville Panthers! Hard work pays off! I wish you the best of luck in the regional tourney!
Congratulations to Bart Williams and the Panthers.

If Bart's not the region coach of the year, there should be an investigation.
David Rowe should be the coach of the year. If the 15th Region and the 59th District wasn't the worst in the state of Kentucky then Pikeville wouldn't win the the 59th and then I would give a little more credit to Pikeville. But Congrats on winning the 59th Pikeville, even though it's not something I would be that proud of. Maybe if it was 3-5 years ago when the Region was really competitive. For example how would this Pikeville team match up against Coach Thomas' 1999 Regional Championship Team? It would be a huge blow out and this years Panthers wouldn't have beat the 1999 Wildcats or the 1999 Hawks which was who Pikeville had to beat to win the 59th that year.
"The Chosen 1" Wrote:David Rowe should be the coach of the year. If the 15th Region and the 59th District wasn't the worst in the state of Kentucky then Pikeville wouldn't win the the 59th and then I would give a little more credit to Pikeville. But Congrats on winning the 59th Pikeville, even though it's not something I would be that proud of. Maybe if it was 3-5 years ago when the Region was really competitive. For example how would this Pikeville team match up against Coach Thomas' 1999 Regional Championship Team? It would be a huge blow out and this years Panthers wouldn't have beat the 1999 Wildcats or the 1999 Hawks which was who Pikeville had to beat to win the 59th that year.
Hey Chosen 1,The thread is "Pikeville District Champs". Now swallow your pride and give the Panthers some credit. Face the facts, Williams rolled the dice by sticking with very young guards this year rather than a bunch of "dud" seniors that have no discipline in their life. Guess, what, weak district or not, Williams looks like a genious now and all of his guards have a lot of valuable experiance. Great Job Pikeville!!
"The Chosen 1" Wrote:David Rowe should be the coach of the year. If the 15th Region and the 59th District wasn't the worst in the state of Kentucky then Pikeville wouldn't win the the 59th and then I would give a little more credit to Pikeville. But Congrats on winning the 59th Pikeville, even though it's not something I would be that proud of. Maybe if it was 3-5 years ago when the Region was really competitive. For example how would this Pikeville team match up against Coach Thomas' 1999 Regional Championship Team? It would be a huge blow out and this years Panthers wouldn't have beat the 1999 Wildcats or the 1999 Hawks which was who Pikeville had to beat to win the 59th that year.

You make some good points, Chosen1. I think David Rowe is a fine coach, however, hasn't he been there several years, like 20 or something? Williams is familiar with the program but has not been held responsbile as head coach. Does Coach Rowe not have one of, if not, the best player in the 15th Region in Brad Lowe (Williams starting from scratch). I'm not taking anything away from Coach Rowe, however, comparing the degree of difficulities and adversity between the two, Williams has had a much harder task and has succeeded. C'mon, trying to compare the 1999 Panthers, Wildcats or Hawks to this years team is pointless. The bottom line is that in 2006, which last time I checked is where we are today, the Panthers are the 59th Distict Champs. Let's just leave it at that.
Congratulations Pikeville on ur win against SV!!
Congrats to Coach Williams and the team.
I didn't see a minute in the game where Pikeville took its eyes off of the prize. Great Game.

If i'm not mistaken, isn't this the first time Pikeville has beat SV since 2000?
I'm just glad SV didnt win it Smile
Grats to Pikeville.
Congrats Pikeville
I hope your a teenager instead of an adult how can you not give Pikeville credit for winning district, I'am not from Pikeville really didn't even want them to win but I am an adult and I give credit where credit is due I am not going to put this ballteam down because they don't deserve it, I am sure they have worked hard all year to be a good ball team and all the hard work has payed off so please just say Congrats to Pikeville and quit saying that winning the 59th district championship is no big deal because it is a big accomplishment. CONGRATS PIKEVILLE IMO YOU HAVE EARNED IT.
Congrats...
[quote author=The Chosen 1 link=topic=20359.msg203501#msg203501 date=1141495204]
David Rowe should be the coach of the year. If the 15th Region and the 59th District wasn't the worst in the state of Kentucky then Pikeville wouldn't win the the 59th and then I would give a little more credit to Pikeville. But Congrats on winning the 59th Pikeville, even though it's not something I would be that proud of. Maybe if it was 3-5 years ago when the Region was really competitive. For example how would this Pikeville team match up against Coach Thomas' 1999 Regional Championship Team? It would be a huge blow out and this years Panthers wouldn't have beat the 1999 Wildcats or the 1999 Hawks which was who Pikeville had to beat to win the 59th that year.
[/quote]Last I checked, winning a district championship is a big thing.  Did you/your school win one this season?  If not then you can't bash Pikeville because they did something that you couldn't do.  Maybe the 59th is down, does that mean that Pikeville doesn't have a trophy in their case?  Nope, I believe that trophy carries the same meaning that SV's/ER's has carried over the past four years.  A DISTRICT CHAMPHIONSHIP.  Pikeville played their asses off Friday night and earned the trophy over SV.

I'll give it to the SV players that had the courage to stick it out the whole year, they played a heck of a game and never seemed to give up.  So it seems as if some didn't quit on their coach / team / school / community.  They had the guts to stick it out through something they started no matter the situation.
Congrats boys & Coach Williams---you DESERVE IT! Smile
Beef very good point hard work and team unity will pay off. The last i checked they still put the winners in the history books each year.
Congrats Pikeville both teams played a great game. I know a few of the boys on Pikeville's team and they worked hard for this one and didn't quit when they were behind. Good Luck to both teams in Region.