Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg 76 South laurel 73 OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Excellent game!!!!:popcorn:
Looks like it!
great game not seen the gym that loud and exciting in a long time. Dalton Sizemore hit 10 straight free throws down the stretch (22 points), Jarrod Barton had 20 points. Great job jackets
Wow, wburg is 2-1 in the district and there one loss is to a 2-15 Whitley team lol.
This district could go to anybody.
Williamsburg is playing with alot of confidence right now but I still think this district will end up South vs. Corbin. Williamsburg beat Corbin but Corbin was without Smith, Jones, and Grubb and South Laurel is still without 2 of their top players in Sanders and Slavey.
williamsburg made big shots a critical times last night to get the win, south misses slaveys shooting and sanders running the point, just hope they get healthy. soon
So is Williamsburg the number one seed?
^
Somewhat, but just right now.
As of right now, the district standing are this...

Williamsburg 2-1
Corbin 1-1
Whitley 1-1
South Laurel 1-2

Corbin plays at Whitley Friday night.
After that game, they'll be 2-1, same as Williamsburg. Wburg will hold the tiebreaker because of the head to head, however, when Corbin plays wbug for the second time, theyll have all of there players back, meaning Corbin will win mark it down.
IMO, losing to Whitley killed wburg. Had they beat Whitley and South twice they would have split with Corbin and a tiebreaker would have decided it, but since that loss and there possible loss to South coming since its at South the next time, there prolly looking at third place come district tourney time.

IMO, the one seed is all that matters in a 4 team district. The 2 and 3 seed are virtually meaningless because two teams will play that usually have a battle while the 4 seed always gets knocked out by the one seed.

At the end of the year i see it like this...

1. Corbin-5-1
2. South Laurel-3-3
2. Williamsburg-3-3
4. Whitley-1-5

Just my opinion, but as i said theres really no reason to have a 2nd place tiebreaker because no matter who gets second or third theyll still have to play each other.
The only thing that could throw a wrench into the whole thing is if Whitley cna knock off Wburg again or even split with South. They barely lost to South the first time and the next one could easily go there way.

Now a tiebreaker between all 3 teams for second would be something, but i wouldnt expect it.
Once Corbin gets there players back, its all over for the other teams in the 50th, IMO.
Good win for Williamsburg.
MVP2 Wrote:Good win for Williamsburg.

Sure is giving those young kids a lot of confidence.
Amped 88 Wrote:Sure is giving those young kids a lot of confidence.

I agree, and Williamsburg will be a strong contender for district and maybe region in couple of years with the two Griffiths. I just think when Corbin and South Laurel gets everyone back that this district will be decided by them. Corbin defeated South in OT earlier this season but Jeff Hale was not playing at that time for South. Will still be hard to go to Corbin and win so I think RUTG has the final district seedings right. I think the region should be North, Clay, South, Corbin, Knox Central, Barbourville, Harlan Co. and Bell Co. This year any one of those 8 could win this region. Of course the 49th still blind draws so Clay and North could draw 1st round in district.
hoops_town Wrote:I agree, and Williamsburg will be a strong contender for district and maybe region in couple of years with the two Griffiths. I just think when Corbin and South Laurel gets everyone back that this district will be decided by them. Corbin defeated South in OT earlier this season but Jeff Hale was not playing at that time for South. Will still be hard to go to Corbin and win so I think RUTG has the final district seedings right. I think the region should be North, Clay, South, Corbin, Knox Central, Barbourville, Harlan Co. and Bell Co. This year any one of those 8 could win this region. Of course the 49th still blind draws so Clay and North could draw 1st round in district.

I agree.
Wouldn't have thought I'd ever see this score. What has happened to South?? Surely Wright leaving didn't affect them that much.
i believe south will be ok when the two starters return. sanders being out of the line up has definately hurt.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Wouldn't have thought I'd ever see this score. What has happened to South?? Surely Wright leaving didn't affect them that much.

South has been without two starters for several games now. Steve Wrights departure has had no ill affects on this team, if anything it has actually helped. Wright done some good things while at South, but the last 2-3 years he was there, the program began to crumble apart. It was time to move on.
hoops_town Wrote:South has been without two starters for several games now. Steve Wrights departure has had no ill affects on this team, if anything it has actually helped. Wright done some good things while at South, but the last 2-3 years he was there, the program began to crumble apart. It was time to move on.

Seriously? What did he do, only win a state, and dominate the region for several years once he got into the 13th. It was not crumbling, he made the whole region better and more competitive, if you can't see that, you need to learn some basketball brother.
sounds like you have a lot of knowledge about coach wright, how familiar are you with the south program ?
00delk Wrote:sounds like you have a lot of knowledge about coach wright, how familiar are you with the south program ?

Which poster is this question directed at? I am pretty familiar with the program.
Maybe I should have said that Wright actually done some great things instead of good......
actually briarcreek.....