Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Romney Wins New Hampshire Primary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney won Tuesday's New Hampshire primary, giving him significant momentum as he seeks to consolidate his claim to the Republican presidential nomination in coming weeks.

Mr. Romney had been expected to win the contest, since he was governor of neighboring Massachusetts and invested substantial time and money in the campaign. But his capture of 36% of the vote in early returns, along with a narrow victory last week in Iowa, will make it harder for his rivals to slow his momentum.

Rep. Ron Paul of Texas was coming in a solid second, while former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who staked his campaign on a strong performance in New Hampshire, was running third in early returns. Many votes were still to be counted.

Cheers broke out at Mr. Romney's New Hampshire headquarters as television networks and the Associated Press reported Mr. Romney's victory.

The campaign now moves to South Carolina, where the Jan. 21 primary could provide the last chance for another GOP hopeful to emerge as the chief conservative challenger to Mr. Romney.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...52486.html
Christy seemed to really help Romney and will continue to do so in the northeast.
Glad to ssee my choice, Paul, to bring home a solid second.

IMO, once Huntsman drops out, which hopefully he will after tonight, and the voting comes further south and west, Romney will slowly slip away.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Christy seemed to really help Romney and will continue to do so in the northeast.
Glad to ssee my choice, Paul, to bring home a solid second.

IMO, once Huntsman drops out, which hopefully he will after tonight, and the voting comes further south and west, Romney will slowly slip away.
If by slowly slip away you mean slowly pull away, then I agree. Barack Hussein Gingrich was the last "conservative" candidate with a shot to stop Romney from getting the nomination, and he has self destructed along with evrybody else but Ron Paul. You cannot win conservative votes in primaries by campaigning with Obama's anti-businss rhetoric. Conservatives will find it much easier to vote for Romney than we did for RINO John McCain in 2008.