Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Alabama-LSU produces lowest TV rating for national championship in BCS era
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not a shocker fans did not want to see snoozefest 2.

Overnight ratings for Alabama's 21-0 victory over LSU were the lowest for a national championship in the 14-year history of the BCS.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/...st_tv.html
I know Monday Night Football's ratings were down this year, and controversial situations leading into championship games usually bring bad ratings. It didn't help that the 2 teams were fairly close in distance and in the same conference. Put all that on ESPN and it was set up for lower than usual ratings
People want high scoring games.
I love it...
Them people are dumb! This was one of the greatest games ever to be on TV.
^^lol, I wouldn't say that...
^Well, lol.. Let me rephrase that. ''IMO''

I love a hard nose football game with big hits and little touchdowns and very good game plans. So that's why I was so high on this game. Smile
LOL, out of pure jealousy, people did not tune in! SEC haters is ALL this was! Like I said, I am happy that they didn't watch, then they have NO CLUE what really happened. Good for those of us who watched, and big whoopee doo to those who didn't.... I feel like I was rewarded for this game, LOL, and I am not even an SEC football fan, but I am a FOOTBALL fan!
^
My only regret was not being able to see OK state or Stanford getting blown out by either of these teams.
No other team in the country could have scored on that Bama defense that night.
Personally I will take a 6-3 SEC game, over a 56-45 Pac 12 game any day of the week.
I watched EVERY SECOND of this game and I loved it.

With two defensive powers like this playing each other the game is always more interesting IMO.

Bama destroyed LSU in this one but all it takes is one safety to be out of position for a few seconds, ask the Steelers, and you have a completely different ballgame.
Until Richardson broke off that TD run this was a 2 possession game.
I watched a pretty good portion of this game flipping between this and the Cincinnati basketball game. I love defense. I love picking up on different schemes, seeing how teams disguise coverage, watching different twists and stunts inside the box. Now I didn't have a problem with the match up, I'm ok with 2 teams in the same conference playing for the national title, because the 2 best teams should play each other.

However, this game became a sleeper when LSU's offense became predictable and limited. This was not one of the best bowl games this season. Im not saying that out of SEC hate, I'm saying it because this game was just that one-sided. If you thought that game was awesome, then I'm guessing you thought West Virginia's beat down on Clemson was good too, which is absolutely fine. I'm just not a huge fan of watching teams flat out dominate another team, unless it's the team I coach dominating the other Smile
The game was very fun to watch IMO. Alabama's defense put forward one of the greatest efforts any of us have ever seen.
Whoever didn't watch this game missed an excellent LSU defense, and an INSANE Bama defense! Great game by both teams!
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Not a shocker fans did not want to see snoozefest 2.

Overnight ratings for Alabama's 21-0 victory over LSU were the lowest for a national championship in the 14-year history of the BCS.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/...st_tv.html

First off, the main reason for the low ratings is because both teams were located in the South, which takes away any kind of regional interest throughout the rest of the viewing audience. Plus, there is a disturbing level of hatred/jealousy toward the SEC from most of the rest of the country. But then, I suppose that's to be expected when you've won 6 national titles in a row.

Secondly, those who didn't watch missed out on seeing one of the most dominating defensive performances from a college team in recent memory. Granted, LSU's offense wasn't one of the best in the country. But out of 14 games this year, the Tigers scored 40+ in nine of them, and were held to under 35 points only 3 times all year. So they weren't exactly chopped liver, either. But Alabama's defense was just on a whole other level. By the third quarter, LSU just looked demoralized, like they knew the game was already over (which it was).