Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tim Tebow earns $250K bonus with Playoff Win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Denver Broncos' victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday turned into a nice payoff for quarterback Tim Tebow in more ways than one.

Tebow has an escalator of $250,000 in his contract for each playoff victory assuming he participated in at least 70 percent of Denver's plays during the requisite season, according to an NFL source.

Being that he played 73 percent of Denver's plays this season, Tebow cashed in on a quarter-million salary escalator after his latest shocker -- an 80-yard touchdown pass on the first play of overtime Sunday to beat Pittsburgh 29-23 in the wild-card playoffs.

The play, according to Twitter, spawned a record 9,420 tweets per second.

Tebow could earn another $250,000 with another victory Saturday night at New England against the Patriots in a divisional-round game.

Denver's victory, meanwhile, altered offensive coordinator Mike McCoy's immediate itinerary.

McCoy was scheduled to interview in Jacksonville on Monday for the Jaguars' head coaching job if Denver had lost Sunday, according to an NFL source.

The interview will have to be rescheduled. McCoy is allowed to talk with the Jaguars this week, but it will be challenging with the Broncos' short week of preparation for Saturday's game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2011/sto...ource-says
He'll also earn 250,000 more for win over the Pats this weekend.

lol, I bet the Broncos never thought they'd have to right this check...
I think it's fair to say that NONE of us thought the Bronco's would be writing that check either. My hats off to the kid.

I know that people want to compare him to the other great QBs in the league right now, which makes it easy to point out his flaws. But when you look at his total number of games started, is he really all that bad? I honestly think he was better through his first 10 starts than Eli Manning! Manning now sits with a Big Fat ring on his finger....
A lot of players and coaches have stuff like that in their contracts and the people writing the contracts think that they will never have to worry about it.

Mike Gundy would have gotten a 500k bonus if he made it to the BCS game lol
If they wouldn't have lost to Iowa State they wouldn't have had enough money to get the team to New Orleans
^ Joker Phillips had it in his contract that if he won the BCS championship, he gets Calipari's office and they trade salaries.....
:haters:
zaga_fan Wrote:A lot of players and coaches have stuff like that in their contracts and the people writing the contracts think that they will never have to worry about it.

If they wouldn't have lost to Iowa State they wouldn't have had enough money to get the team to New Orleans

No wonder he was so mad...
zaga_fan Wrote:A lot of players and coaches have stuff like that in their contracts and the people writing the contracts think that they will never have to worry about it.

Oklahoma State athletics will NEVER have to worry about funding! Trust me.
Congrats to Tim Tebow!
Well deserving!!!
Congrats to Tim Tebow, he deserves it.