Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Covington Catholic @ Covington Holmes 1/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The best basketball rivalry in the 9th region takes place 7:30 pm at Holmes. Both schools have accounted for 6 of the last 8 regional titles and it's been a long time since a school other than Holmes and CovCath won the 35th district. Former CovCath coaching great Mike Listerman is now an assistant at Holmes.
Should be a good one. Both of these teams plus Holy Cross are fighting for that number 1 seed in the district. The 35th district will be a dog fight this year with one of Northern Kentucky's top teams not making it into the 9th Regional tournament.

Long time Holmes Ad Ron Maddrick will be honored at this game as well
CovCath, Holmes and HC are 3 of the top 4 teams in the region and you nailed it nky, that top seed in the district is vital
Easily, the loser of this game could very well be the winner a month from now. Holmes gets the edge because they get this game at home, but I expect this to come down to the final possession
I really should skip the Brossart v. Holy Cross game for this one. I think CovCath pulls this one out, but I agree Dust, it comes down to the final possession.
more than likely free throws