Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Romeo Crennel staying Head man in Kansas City
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kansas City Chiefs name Romeo Crennel the permanent Head Coach.

Good hire for the Chiefs.
Romeo singed a 3-yeal deal.
Good decision by KC.
I think they made the right choice.
I think it is a bad move by the Chiefs. Look at his track record as a head coach.
LWC Wrote:I think it is a bad move by the Chiefs. Look at his track record as a head coach.

Yeah but look at where he was.
Still, given the amount of time he had, you think he could have done a little more. He was 24-40 in 4 seasons. He did have a 10-win season there, but the other 3 years, not much.

Eric Mangini, who is out of coaching right now, followed his 4-12 season and went 5-11.
^ Yeah but now Romeo is going to be in a bad division. Anyone can win that division. If Broncos don't play or trade Tebow next year, Kansas City could win that division.
Kansas City has the talent to win that division. San Diego has the talent to win that division. Oakland has the talent to win that division. The LEAST talented team in the AFC West won the division this year. Coaching makes a difference. IMO, Norv Turner, Romeo Crennel and Hugh Jackson are not good head coaches.

I guarantee that if Jeff Fischer were coaching either of those 3 teams, they would win the division. (And I personally am not a Fischer fan.)
LWC Wrote:Kansas City has the talent to win that division. San Diego has the talent to win that division. Oakland has the talent to win that division. The LEAST talented team in the AFC West won the division this year. Coaching makes a difference. IMO, Norv Turner, Romeo Crennel and Hugh Jackson are not good head coaches.

I guarantee that if Jeff Fischer were coaching either of those 3 teams, they would win the division. (And I personally am not a Fischer fan.)

No question.... But Thats my point this division is the worst coached division in the NFL. I believe Romeo is going to look good coaching there because Turner and Jackson suck. And Fox ain't that good of a coach.
Players LOVE Romeo because he is a players coach. But Romeo is a HORRIBLE manager. His coaching style is more suited for a Position Coach and somewhat of a Coordinator, but a head coach he is not. Yeah, he was a Cleveland, but anyone who watched Cleveland knew that the person who was the most confused on game day was the head coach. I agree with LWC, bad move!
Stardust Wrote:Players LOVE Romeo because he is a players coach. But Romeo is a HORRIBLE manager. His coaching style is more suited for a Position Coach and somewhat of a Coordinator, but a head coach he is not. Yeah, he was a Cleveland, but anyone who watched Cleveland knew that the person who was the most confused on game day was the head coach. I agree with LWC, bad move!

CLEVELAND - key word...

Who does win there?

I'd say Romeo did look confused on game day. After seeing all those bums on practice all week, he actually got to see real players on game day.
^Although I wish he would do a little more with Tebow, John Fox is a good coach. That defense is looking very good.
I think this was a good hire.