Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Co. 76 South L. 62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
1/7/2012
Harlan Co. 76
South Laurel 62
South Laurel 12 14 20 16 62
Harlan Co. 20 21 23 12 76
South Laurel (5-11) -- Mitchell 4, Baxter 4, Rader 3, Hale 32, Grubb 1, Allen 5, Hale 4, Helton 4, Miller 5.
Harlan Co. (12-1) -- Brewer 12, Sergent 7, Massingill 18, Caldwell 16, Calton 9, Bond 4, Miller 8, Clark 2.
Congrats to the Black Bears, JV & Varsity wins!!
Did Blake Sanders not play or did he just not score?
Sanders is out with an injury, has been out since before Christmas. Concussion and whiplash maybe out for a while. also missing slavey another top scorer.
Harlan County is looking pretty good.
Steve Wright left South in horrible shape.. That should tell you what kind of coach he is!
^^
I thought that was a different coach, I didn't remember him from last year but wasn't sure.

Hope Sanders and Slavey have a quick recovery!!
South is hurting missing 2 of their top scorers. I would imagine this game being a lot closer had they been playing. Hopefully they have a speedy recovery.
I don't think they're in horrible shape. They have a strong junior class and will probably be second or third in the region next year.
I thought it was odd that the one player was allowed to join the team in January. It sets a pretty bad precedent for future years if you can show up whenever you feel like it.
HDE Wrote:I don't think they're in horrible shape. They have a strong junior class and will probably be second or third in the region next year.
I thought it was odd that the one player was allowed to join the team in January. It sets a pretty bad precedent for future years if you can show up whenever you feel like it.
I found it strange how Mitchell played football for Knox and then played basketball for south in the same season? How does that work?
Sebastian2423 Wrote:I found it strange how Mitchell played football for Knox and then played basketball for south in the same season? How does that work?

That is odd, how did this happen?
HDE Wrote:I don't think they're in horrible shape. They have a strong junior class and will probably be second or third in the region next year.

I think he actually joined the team in mid-Dec. Has been doing alot of conditioning since then. Pretty impressive first two games back though....17 against North on friday and 32 against Harlan Co. on Sat. Slavey will be back soon for South and if Sanders can return, this team will be a very tough out in district and region.
After seeing alot of the teams in the 13th region, I would put Barbourville at the top followed by Harlan Co and then Clay. Co.

They are not in bad shape, just missing top 2 players.

He transferred, I see nothing wrong with letting him play.