Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Douglass High School (Oklahoma City, OK) Basketball player Scores 64 Points
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Douglass point guard Stephen Clark did everything he could to carry the Trojans to a win Friday night.

Clark scored 64 points, including a perfect 27-of-27 at the free throw line, but it wasn't enough for Douglass in a 106-92 loss to Airline High School of Bossier City, La., in the Bossier Invitational.

“He did it all,” Douglass coach Terry Long said of Clark. “He defended, he scored, hit 3s, penetration, dishing the ball. He left everything on the floor.

“He played a key role in just about every possession we scored on. It was a phenomenal show. I took him out at the end, and the entire crowd gave him a standing ovation.”

Clark made seven 3-pointers on the night, scoring 52 of the 64 points in the second half.

“I wasn't really thinking about it,” Clark said. “I was just worried about trying to win the game. We had a couple guys get in foul trouble, so I had to be the scorer.

“I just wanted to win, though. That's all I care about at the end of the day. This was probably good for us, because we can figure out what we need to do to become a better basketball team.”

The loss eliminated the Trojans from the tournament, dropping their record to 4-3 with all three losses coming to out-of-state competition. They will be back in action at Star Spencer on Tuesday

Read more: http://newsok.com/boys-basketball-roundu...z1inJb2Ko1