Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Report: Kentucky transfer Poole Jr. chooses Georgia Tech
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Herald-Leader Staff Report

Stacey Poole Jr. has decided to restart his college basketball career at Georgia Tech, the former University of Kentucky guard confirmed to Scout.com on Friday night.

Poole played sparingly as a freshman at Kentucky last season and decided to transfer in November after beginning practice with the Cats but before playing in any games this season.

A 6-foot-4 guard, Poole played in 17 games as a freshman. He played 31 minutes, scored six points and had two rebounds.

At Providence High School in Jacksonville, Poole was ranked as the fourth-best small forward and No. 33 overall prospect of 2010 by Rivals.com. He was UK's first signee in the Class of 2010.

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/01/07/20189...poole.html
Im glad he found a decent place to play, kids a athlete.
Good choice. Georgia Tech is a NBA Guard factory!
I hope it works out for him
Anyone know anything about Ga. Tech? Do they have solid recruits or strong guards already there?
Best of luck!
Yeah Stacey, have fun at an inferior school, playing inferior opponents.

I don't like the fact that he chose to leave, that's quitting, and I don't like quitters. But, I've always liked him and his attitude, so I do wish him luck.
^Come on. Obviously him being there doesn't really help UK. It opens a scholarship up. Do we say the same thing about high school kids that leave one high school and go to another? No. Why do we say it about college kids?

I wish him the best. He will not live up to the original hype, but at least he will see the floor.
Georgia Tech looks to be struggling a bit this year. Not good for the program, but a good opportunity for Poole to come in and be a good contributor to helping Georgia Tech rebuild into a good program again. Best of luck to this young man.
I wish the kid the best and I hope he does well.
I dont blame him.
He would have never seen the floor at UK.
vundy33 Wrote:Yeah Stacey, have fun at an inferior school, playing inferior opponents.

I don't like the fact that he chose to leave, that's quitting, and I don't like quitters. But, I've always liked him and his attitude, so I do wish him luck.

vundy, apparently this kid had interest in leaving before the season. So if he stayed, you honestly couldn't tell me that he was not told by coaches that he will have an opportunity to PLAY! That's what coaches do, and I'm not even saying that is bad. But once school got started and practices began, he saw that there was going to be no playing time!

So he quit, but he quit in order to KEEP his year of eligibility! This isn't like he quit because he got his feelings hurt, he quit for all the right Business reasons. Bottom-line, this is a business, no different than a job. If you start the year with your place of employment, to leave to go someplace else to get a better opportunity is not quitting! It's SMART business! We are not talking about youth league intra-mural sports where dad says "you comitted to this, you are going to stick with it". No, this is evaluating your current working conditions and identifying what is your best opportunities to advance in your working career. Seems pretty damn smart to me!

As for inferior, piss on inferior competition! Piss on chance to win a national championship! Piss on playing for the best program in college basketball history. Piss on all those reasons if he is going someplace t do what he does - PLAY BASKETBALL. He was not going to do that here.

Would you stay Mortons Steakhouse working as a dishwasher making $8 hour, getting 4 hours of work every week to take a job at McDonalds being the floor manager being on salary at $45,000 per year?????
Theres nothin wrong with quitting if you never see the floor, especially in high school.
IMO if you dont play its a waste of time.
vundy33 Wrote:Yeah Stacey, have fun at an inferior school, playing inferior opponents.

Duke and North Carolina come across to me as anything but "inferior." Add UConn, Pitt, and Syracuse to the ACC whenever conference expansion comes into play...Yeah that's a legit conference.
Awesome, he leaves my favorite team for my second favorite team. I hope he gives Tech some good time.
I hope he has success at Tech.