Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 60th District Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First I am starting this thread tonight BEFORE the results of the judging are in.

Did anyone besides myself notice that the judges sat together both Tuesday and tonight. Not only did the judges sit together tonight but they had companions which they talked to, they talked with each other and I also witnessed them sharing notes.:no: I was under the impression that judging was to be done individually...

I wonder if Phelps knew that they were only being judged the second half of the game.??
I did notice that!

Judges are suppose to sit apart and not converse at all during judging. This is the kind of thing that brings about controversy.

I don't recall seeing Phelps' sponsor verify the scoresheets either. Does anyone know if Phelps chose to be judged or not?
I saw that too!! Both nights!! Judges sitting together, other people sitting with them, talking, sharing...:confused: I thought that was a no no! I didn't think judges were soposed to sit anywhere near each other, let alone share and discuss!! You are absolutley right, this is where/why the controversy begins. I am sooo glad this was brought up BEFORE winners were announced though, because it would turn into an excuse thread otherwise LOL

I have no idea if Phelps chose to be judged or not, but their dance team was unbeatable! They were fantastic! :Thumbs:
The Phelps dance team was awesome...I think they need a thread! =)
Ya know I didn't give it tooo much thought on Tuesday as Belfry was not cheering against another squad, but I still thought that they should have sat apart from each other---but last night there were two squads and I can only assume that they were both being judged--It just didn't look right to me....
so who won the 60th district tournament? anyone knwo yet
Results will be announced during the championship games on Saturday....
Arent the In-game Judges supposed to inform the squads coach what parts of the game they are going to be judging??

The bad thing about in-game judging is that its just the judges. They do not have a sectional or regional supervisor that keeps them from breaking the rules.