Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Campbell County 58 - Brossart 54 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Camels take the Crosstown Shootout

McGovney is the real deal
Wow, good win for Campbell. Bishop if usually a really good win if memory serves me right.
So glad CCHS could pull this one out.

Griffin hit the tying shot at the buzzer to have the game go into OT and then CC played solid defense the rest of the game.

I hope someone from Brossart can answer this, why did they not give the ball more to their big guy? CCHS could not stop him, in my opinion.

The scarey thing McGovney had 26 in this game and being in foul trouble.

What a great atmosphere, the was packed!
Decided to attend this game tonight. It was good to watch a game in a packed house again. Campbell County is just better. Brossart usually likes games in the 30's. Brossart has a nice team, but they're never going to win anything with their deliberate, slow ass offense.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Decided to attend this game tonight. It was good to watch a game in a packed house again. Campbell County is just better. Brossart usually likes games in the 30's. Brossart has a nice team, but they're never going to win anything with their deliberate, slow ass offense.

Brossart hasn't scored under 50 all year. Maybe you should attend more games.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Decided to attend this game tonight. It was good to watch a game in a packed house again. Campbell County is just better. Brossart usually likes games in the 30's. Brossart has a nice team, but they're never going to win anything with their deliberate, slow ass offense.

BA HA HA HA, you made me spit my drink out. You are so right as well. It is a boring game to watch.

I've said it before, I'd rather watch paint dry
stardust Wrote:i've said it before, i'd rather watch paint dry

amen
I still swear that this game ended in regulation. I had just told my wife that this game is ending on a three, and I'll be damned if Griffin didn't look like his feet were behind the arc!
I said by 4 in OT, just the wrong tem

I heard McGovney made it rain out there.
toussaints Wrote:I said by 4 in OT, just the wrong tem

I heard McGovney made it rain out there.

When he was in yes, but there were some cheap fouls called against him, with that said on both sides of the ball. He could have done a lot more damage if he was not in foul trouble.
It's a good win for Campbell, and a very tough loss for Brossart. What does the district look like now?

I got to see a quarter of basketball while I was stuck in a sauna. I wish I saw this one.
Junior guard Nate McGovney scored eight of Campbell County’s 10 points in overtime to lead the Camels to a 58-54 victory over Bishop Brossart. McGovney, who led all scorers with 26 points, made a pair of three throws with less than 10 seconds remaining to seal the victory.

Campbell County (9-5), ranked No. 10 in the Enquirer’s Northern Kentucky coaches’ poll, was led to overtime by Dalton Griffin’s game-tying 2-pointer as time expired in regulation. Griffin finished with 11 points.

Third-ranked Bishop Brossart (11-3), which has lost two of its last three games after opening the season 10-0, was led on offense by senior center Joe Jennings (20 points) and junior forward Justin Saunders (16 points).