Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic 73 - Scott Co. 72 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1/5/2012
Lexington Catholic 73
Scott Co. 72 (OT)
Scott Co. 13 15 12 23 9 73
Lexington Catholic 15 13 18 17 10 72
Scott Co. (9-8) -- Guyn 12, Guy 8, Christopher 26, Logsdon 11, Defoor 15.
Lexington Catholic (10-4) -- Botkin 14, Johns 11, Walton 2, Rhule 6, Wilson 32, Blake 8.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...rylink=cpy
With the game on the line, who better to turn to than the Big O?

Octavia Wilson, the closest thing the Lexington Catholic girls' team has to Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson (a.k.a. "The Big O"), drove to the hoop and scored with about 2½ seconds left Thursday night, lifting the Lady Knights to a 73-72 victory in overtime against visiting Scott County.

A pressure shot, for sure.

"A little bit," Wilson agreed. "But I had a lot of confidence the whole game just from playing pretty well, so I was determined that 'this one's going in.'"

Wilson, a 5-foot-9 junior, finished with 32 points, nine assists and four rebounds in 35 minutes.

Seventh-ranked Catholic (10-4) also got 14 points and three steals from Alex Botkin. Emily Johns had 11 points and 14 rebounds.

Audriana Christopher, a 5-foot-6 sophomore, paced the Lady Cardinals (9-8) with 26 points and six assists. Danielle DeFoor had 15 points, Mary Logsdon had 11, Tereka Guyn had 12 points and 12 rebounds, and Iman Guy had eight points and 11 boards.

"I don't think either team really showed everything we've got," said Scott County Coach Steve Helton. "It's a good January matchup. We're not going to get too high or too low on the outcome of this game because we've got a lot of basketball left, and I think both teams will improve. And when you get to tournament time, it's who's playing well at the right time."

Catholic scored the first five points in overtime, but Scott County got the next five for a tie at 68.

Rachel Blake drained a three-pointer with 30 seconds left to give the Lady Knights a 71-68 edge.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/01/06/20177...rylink=cpy
Looks like a great game to watch.