Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bison meals at 3 state parks in January
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...|FRONTPAGE

FRANKFORT — Three Kentucky state parks are offering special bison meals in January.
The three resort state parks, Natural Bridge, Jenny Wiley and Lake Cumberland, will have buffets featuring bison and other favorites.
Natural Bridge in Slade will host Appalachian Heritage Buffalo Night on Jan. 14, which includes an all-you-can-eat buffet. The menu will includes buffalo chili, snapping turtle soup, roast buffalo rounds, venison ragout, buffalo meatloaf, buffalo ribs and wild boar sausage.
Buffalo Night at Jenny Wiley State Resort Park in Prestonsburg is Jan. 28 and will feature a buffet meal of buffalo meat.
Lake Cumberland State Resort Park in Jamestown is featuring Pioneer Prairie Bison Feast on Jan. 28. That meal includes carved bison, Southwest-style buffalo chili, smoky barbecued buffalo, chuck wagon buffalo stew and other bison entrees.
wonder if their serve Buffalo chips also

Maybe a few pies for dessert
Putting the Jenny Wiley one on my calendar, right now.
I live 10 minutes from the Lake Cumberland State Park, I may have to go down and try it.
I hope they know how to prepare the bison properly. Otherwise, it will be dry.
Doesn't "Ted's" in Hamburg sell Bison meat?
Bison is fantastic, very lean.
I love a good Bison Burger