Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What 15th team can play with a 7th region team ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What team do you think can size up with A Jeffersontown, Ballard, St. X, or a Trinity ! I personally think Prestonsburg with the guard play that comes off the bench and the two Forwards down low !!! And thats not just because I'm a Prestonsburg fan either !
I personally think nobody can...Whoever goes down there from the 15th is going to get smoked and thats just how it is...Better athletes, better coaches, bigger players..Simple as that..Anybody can "play" with them, but not keep up with them...at all
Whoever wins the 15th region will get beat bad in the 1st round of the state tournament...nobody in the 15th region will be a serious threat to the winner of the 7th region.
"alfus21" Wrote:better coaches

I am not sure about that. I think there are some pretty damn good coaches in the 15th!!!!!!
"J. R. VanHoose" Wrote:I am not sure about that. I think there are some pretty damn good coaches in the 15th!!!!!!

Few, compared to the choices of coaches they have in the 7th...
I also disagree with the better coaches being in the 7th....I could only imagine these coaches in the 15ht with those players.
With the exception of BMR there are no truly "great" coaches in the 15th Region...Rodney Rowe was one, but he's gone now...
I mean it's just a matter of opinion though, and that's mine, so take it for what it is....
"alfus21" Wrote:With the exception of BMR there are no truly "great" coaches in the 15th Region...Rodney Rowe was one, but he's gone now...

David Rowe is as good or better than RR, he just doesn't have the region bnners due to bad luck it seems..........and Hurley was just flat out better than RR
"NEXT" Wrote:David Rowe is as good or better than RR, he just doesn't have the region bnners due to bad luck it seems..........and Hurley was just flat out better than RR

Rodney Rowe had plenty of talent to work with, but so has David Rowe. Rodney managed to win two regional titles and many district titles with his talent, but David Rowe has failed 3 times to win the big one. IMO that gives the nod to Rodney Rowe over David Rowe.

And as for Hurley, he had 1 regional title in only 2 years, which is impressive. However, it's very hard to compare Hurley to someone as established as Rowe was. The true test of a good coach is how well they stand the test of time. Maybe Hurley would have done that... maybe he wouldn't. I guess we will never know.
I think paintsville can in a few years but until then no one can...
I think belfry or pike central may have a shot at a 7th region team.. IMO
There aint one.
"King James" Wrote:Rodney Rowe had plenty of talent to work with, but so has David Rowe. Rodney managed to win two regional titles and many district titles with his talent, but David Rowe has failed 3 times to win the big one. IMO that gives the nod to Rodney Rowe over David Rowe.

And as for Hurley, he had 1 regional title in only 2 years, which is impressive. However, it's very hard to compare Hurley to someone as established as Rowe was. The true test of a good coach is how well they stand the test of time. Maybe Hurley would have done that... maybe he wouldn't. I guess we will never know.

Haha, Hurley left for a better job at Belfry to support his family better, I don't blame him. East Ridge lost a valuable asset to their team, and one hell of a coach for that matter.
"Cameron Crazy" Wrote:Haha, Hurley left for a better job at Belfry to support his family better, I don't blame him. East Ridge lost a valuable asset to their team, and one hell of a coach for that matter.

I never said otherwise. I just said it's hard to compare him to Rodney Rowe because Hurley was only around for a short period of time. BTW, what was the "Haha" for?
"blackcat_student" Wrote:What team do you think can size up with A Jeffersontown, Ballard, St. X, or a Trinity ! I personally think Prestonsburg with the guard play that comes off the bench and the two Forwards down low !!! And thats not just because I'm a Prestonsburg fan either !

None at all. As we've seen repeatedly at Rupp, 15th Region teams don't have the footspeed, don't have the muscle and aren't used to the level of play Louisville teams bring to the show.
What constitutes a great coach??? What is the criteria???
No Chance For The 14th Or 15th This Year, Both Regions Are Wide Open Which Basically Means There Is No One That Can Compete With Thos Schools. It Takes A Dominant Group Of Kids During One Of Those Special Stretches To Compete In State, We Haven't Seen That Here In A While.
Who ever goes from the 15th will have a rough time at Rupp. Most likely one and done.