Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Major Gas Explosion in Estill County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Officials say there has been a gas explosion in the Estill County area. LEX-18 has a crew on their way now.

Officials say it happened in the Spouts Spring Road area, near Highway 82.

State Police say homes and businesses in the area are being evacuated. They are not aware of any fatalities at this time.

http://www.lex18.com/news/explosion-in-estill-county/

Link has a video with it
Oh my. Will keep these people in prayer.
Couple Pics
it literally shook my house and I live 10+ miles away from where it happened
another pic
Wild Looking.
More Pics
SK, are you, your family, and property okay?
Wow..looks just like a huge bomb hit with fire going that high, and in one of the pics I could see the wave coming from the blast. Hope nobody was around at the time..
yea, we're all fine. that happened 10 or more miles away from my house. It happened out past the High School and Middle School
and more pics
more pics. The last one is from Berea
just seen on Lex 18 that someone from Georgetown seen the explosion
Transfer Station that exploded
and another pic
from the high school football field
and another pic
the last picture (post #17), if you look closely between the trees it looks like a Cross
I was driving from Chicago and I started to see it just outside of Lexington on I-64...

Actually my wife seen it..
I seen a cool pic on the news that a guy took from a airplane flighting over it.
I live about 10 miles from this as well but was near the High School when it happened. I heard the rumble and the sky lit up as if the sun was rising. There was an eerie feeling in the air watching the explosion pulsating in the sky and then seeing a mushroom cloud.....crazy....
Brian Milam posted a pic from WKYT in Lexington about 35-40 miles away and you could see the glow from the explosion. Crazy.
someone tonight at the Lee/Estill game said it blew an 8 feet hole. Someone else said they heard it was bomb which I doubt it was that
My daughter lives in Lexington; believe it or not, I could see the glow from her porch.

I understand there were no injuries; and I'm thankful for that.
Granny Bear Wrote:My daughter lives in Lexington; believe it or not, I could see the glow from her porch.

I understand there were no injuries; and I'm thankful for that.

Yes as far as I know there was no injuries. 15 Families was evacuated.

People from Georgetown seen it.

There was people from Harrison County coming in to see it.

Brian Milam seen it from the WKYT Building

People on the other side of Richmond and in Berea could see it.

It jarred mine and my mammaw's house and I live more than 10 miles away from it
someone at the Lee/Estill game said that at one point you could see Jesus' face in the sky. Everyone literally thought the world was coming to an end
I bet the 2012 apacolypse people were running as hard as they could lol.
"Told ya it was comin...."